this is outrageous-2012-s american silver eagle set

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by MAKECENTS, Jul 28, 2012.

1. MAKECENTS

MAKECENTS Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

When did the mint ever say an S mint ASE was only going to be included in the SF ASE set this year? They didn't, they said the SF ASE set was going to be limited, which it was and will be since you can no longer purchase it from the mint.

4. MAKECENTS

MAKECENTS Active Member

They didnt but that doesnt mean it hurts the possible value. Did i say that the mint said this somewhere? I didnt think so. I am stating that more will be produced increasing mintage. Thats all. And since they are making more i will cancel my order.

5. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

You said it by saying:
    You claimed right there they were SUPPOSE to be around 251k (which is also untrue, the mint was making this set to demand) and now bent out of shape apparently because they're putting one of the coins in another set. There's no "suppose" with any of what you mentioned.

From their description on their site about the SF ASE Set:

Remember, the mint doesn't mint things for them to end up valuable due to mintage numbers, they make collectibles to sell and then to make money from such sales. Cancel your order if you'd like, but no reason to get all bent out of shape over it.

I'm keeping mine, I'm a collector, I can care less about it's actual value or potential value. That's not why I collect. ;)

6. MAKECENTS

MAKECENTS Active Member

Wow you have no clue. I said they were suppose to produce 251k sets which they are and also introducing more s proofs. Wow what a waste of time what do you jump on a forum to start a he said she said argument. People lik you ruin this site if you dont want to talk about what i wrote why come on...to argue that the mint is doing the right thing. Yes they can do what they want but guess what is going to happen a lack of interest from now on because many people buy for profit..you may be a' i only colect person' but many people enjoy seeingg their investments increase in value. So i assume those people will say forget this set next year

7. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

Then don't collect coins.

8. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

No, they weren't suppose to produce 251k sets, that's just the number of orders made to mint to demand. Again, there's no "suppose" in the SF ASE set, people order, mint makes. People cancel, mint doesn't make.

This site is a site full of people socializing with many opinions, I'm merely stating my opinion. If you don't like mine or others who might not agree with your original post in why you are canceling your order, then you shouldn't post on a site like this.

I did in fact talk about what you wrote about, I just don't happen to agree with you.

Cheers. :)

9. MAKECENTS

MAKECENTS Active Member

Yea i know no one wants to see their investments increase you guys are so fake acting like its bad when you make money with something you love...yes i wil stop collecting because i like to make money

10. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Coins make lousy investments to be honest, that's why I don't depend on them or their value for such things. I seriously collect to just collect.

11. MAKECENTS

MAKECENTS Active Member

Yea thatd make sense if they didnt release the number yet. Wow you must be a teenager you make no logical argument il be the bigger man i dont have time to waste

12. MAKECENTS

MAKECENTS Active Member

I will not respond any further..you just want to argue theres many people like u on hrre.. what a waste of life

13. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

The only number they've released are the orders made. If you got some concrete solid evidence that the numbers released are the actual number they've minted, I'll bow down and kiss your feet. ;)

14. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

I'm not arguing, I'm just socializing. You just seem to take words on a screen in the wrong context and think anyone who doesn't agree with what you've brought forth is trying to argue with you, which is false. Perhaps you should lighten up a bit, you seem to be getting too personal.

15. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Wow, you are the one without a clue, sir. People who cannot accept differing opinions are the ones who "ruin" threads. Keep in-mind this is a place for DISCUSSION and not hand holding. If you do not like the mint's decision, fine... I am quite sure everyone will respect that, but you have no right to knock anyone else for disagreeing with you.

A "lack of interest"? Who did you expect to buy your SF set? Obviously YOU were banking on there still being interest after the set had sold out, so what is the difference?

I find it hard to believe any hotshot dealer is going to throw a fit something so trivial.

What is your logical argument? Bellyaching you might not be able to make a mindless flip? Seriously, the bigger man?

Not everything is a slam dunk, my friend. If you cannot take the heat, consider getting out of the water.

16. Danr

Danr Numismatist

if you are willing to flip you can make a few bucks

17. Danr

Danr Numismatist

so you do not see this as a deceptive practice?

18. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Well, the 2 coin set will be the best one to have. The coin & currency set will not be that big of a seller ;)

19. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Thank you so much for wasting a little bit of "your" life with us! ThumbsDown.gif

20. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Actually, I want folks to cancel their two coin set orders!

That'll cut the number of 2012-S Reverse Proofs for the rest of us!

21. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

This "mint to order" stuff the mint is doing will become the new norm... I'm afraid the days of the flip are over. I called these sets sputtering out months ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted