The one and only #1

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Brian339, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

:) Great find, congrads.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Brian339

Brian339 Member

I added it to the BST.

4. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Best of luck to you Brian, hope you get what you're looking for. Just for curiosity, you should reach out to the mod of coolserialnumbers.com and see how much he can offer.

5. SemperFiSilver

SemperFiSilver **1 Note Collector

6. vibr0nic

vibr0nic New Member

That's a fascinating story about how you live in an area where "plenty of paper money surfaces". Of course that has nothing to do with your serial 1 note in this thread, which you simply bought on eBay last week. Worse, you trimmed it to try to remove the top margin damage. Lame!

7. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

You thought you'd be slick, but you've bitten yourself in the behind. You destroyed a valuable note. I don't know how much you paid for it, but its value is now just ONE DOLLAR! It'll never regrade.

Wow, Brian. How could you think you'd get away with that? Too many sleuths here on CT.

8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Cut out of the holder, and botched the trim job.....tisk tisk

9. lettow

lettow Senior Member

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The plot thickens.

11. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

I remember this note now from the odd top margin damage in the holder on eBay, it was really strange and it sure was noticable at the time. Man that note is mangled now. I mean if you were going to trim it, use something other than a toddler's safety scissors eh?

Hey note, I didn't recognize you without your top margin...

12. historymajor

historymajor New Member

A sorry end for a great note

13. rickmp

He's long gone now. We'll never hear from him again here on CT. Lets watch for him on other forums. Lets watch for this note on Ebay, too.

14. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

I am further confused though. The owner at the pcgs currency board said it sold at 2500. Was that a best offer or something?

15. rickmp

I'm thinking it was an offer made outside of ebay.

16. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Wow.....how sad is this story on multiple layers. The note, and the ethics of the buyer....

Draft saved Draft deleted