The Gold Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Hotpocket, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Hotpocket

Hotpocket Supreme Overlord

History channel is airing a special on Gold valuation, holdings, etc this coming Saturday night. See description below. New episode, thought some of you gold stackers may be interested. Set your DVR!

Edit: Its actually on H2, the 2nd History channel, not on History. Channel 271 on Directv

http://www.history.com/shows/americas-book-of-secrets/episodes

The Gold Conspiracy
    Premiere Date:April 19, 2014 - 10:00-11:00PM ET

Gold. It is one of the most precious metals in the world. A glittering commodity so rare that people will go to great lengths to obtain it. But who sets the price? And what are the secret methods to control its value?Uncover the clandestine world surrounding the highly prized precious metal. How much gold does the United States really have–and where is it locked away? Is the American government overstating the amount of gold in its reserves to create the mystique of financial superiority? Former U.S. Secretary of Labor Robert Reich discusses the gold standard and the possible manipulation of the commodities markets. Chairman of Euro Pacific Precious Metals Peter Schiff describes how gold could replace credit cards. And author Matthew Hart details how the U.S. is storing gold that belongs to other countries–but may now be missing from the Federal Reserve's vaults.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    BullionBill and Ethan like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

This should be good considering they have Rob Reich. I liked his work in the documentary "inequality for all" it is on Netflix.

4. fiatfiasco

fiatfiasco Nasty Details Member

I just searched for this on Uverse and it isn't coming up. Not happy.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Well, OP did provide a link.........

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

definer likes this.
  7. fiatfiasco

Righty-O he did. I clicked on it. I see it. I wasn't doubting that he found this. But if anyone has Uverse, please, show me how to set my tv to record it. I search for shows and set them to record all the time, I would consider myself pretty electronically "with it". But for the life of me I cannot find it on my DVR guide.

8. josh's coins

it would be cool if we could livestream the show here on CT

9. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

Would it kill them to have history shows? Jeez.

medoraman and definer like this.
  10. Hotpocket

They tried that, nobody watched. So now its Pawn Stars and American Pickers. Guess most folks like reality shows (I do NOT).

One show I do like quite a lot is The Universe. I could sit and watch that show for hours. I am such a nerd.

11. fiatfiasco

Well. For those who say I cannot admit my faults, hold on to your hats. HOW DUMB AM I??? The show I should have been searching for is "America Book of Secrets" and the EPISODE name was The Gold Conspiracy....well, I certainly cemented my seat on the short bus today!

12. josh's coins

Pawn stars is a pretty cool show and they occasionally had episodes where people sell some nice coins. American Pickers is decent just a lot more staged than pawn stars is.

13. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I have never seen an episode concerning ancients that weren't completely filled with errors, inaccuracies, and sometimes just complete BS. If anyone is "learning" about coins from the show I would warn you that you are probably not "learning" the truth. I stopped watching after I saw a famous currency dealer's girlfriend come in with an ultra rare note "she just found", (even though it was certified), then the dealer came in acting all surprised by the note and going on and on about how wonderful it is, how valuable, etc. It is widely known he owns that note, and has been trying to get 6 figures for it. It basically turned into an infomercial for the note, but not really because as least in an infomercial you know they are trying to sell you something, and here they were completely lying about who the people really are.

Bunch of total crap if you ask me.

Ed Sims likes this.
  14. josh's coins

That's the entertainment business for you

15. josh's coins

the cows says moo :D

16. Hotpocket

I guess nobody ever said it was all real. Its entertainment, not a documentary or real educational show. History Channel wants to drive ratings and make money. Guess they have to stage stuff (like the note you are referring to) or it would be boring crap all day long....

17. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

My main issues would be:

1. For history, they can tell the truth just as easy as lies. Why not just better fact checkers?
    2. If they are going to lie and stage scenes, then there should be a large disclosure are the beginning of the episode, like those that warn of disturbing content. Have it say "The scenes portrayed here are recreations of events that may or may not have occurred in real life. The people depicted are actors". They already do this on some shows, why not just tell the truth. Most people I know actually think these people and transactions are real and the cameras just happen to be there.

18. josh's coins

Next time anyone who goes to the vegas show should stop by gold & silver pawn and see actually goes on over there.

19. BullionBill

BullionBill Member

Thanks for the heads up for this saturday. H2 HD is a favorite of mine.

20. josh's coins

You guys can watch it here

Draft saved Draft deleted