The Coin Vault on TV

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by m. gill, Jan 4, 2010.

1. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

and nobody will pay you the NGC money! How bad are those buyers taking it???

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DM1

DM1 Active Member

The price reference for those shows is always the "Leading Numismatic Catalog"

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Of which, you never see the cover......

5. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

leading... in what?

6. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Leading in cost and profitability.

7. elijahhenry10

elijahhenry10 New Member

Thy were 3/4 of the way gone in about 5 minutes! :eek:

8. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

The power of TV

9. FLAMEBLU

FLAMEBLU New Member

anybody else hear ol baldy robert calling another coin show host a, qoute "snake oil salesman"? thats like the pot calling the kettle black!!! all these tv coin shows are a complete and total ripoff. i do watch sometimes just for a chuckle though, but don't see how they come up with thier B.S. sales pitch w/o laughing!

10. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I watch them all when I'm bored. I don't buy from any of them. Don Davis of AVC is great too. He doesn't even say thank you, he says "congratulations". Now his prices are typically better than either the Coin Vault or Art & Coin TV, but his coins are mostly low grade. Very early on in my collecting, I bought from Art & Coin TV and I am under water on everything I've purchased.

Coin Vault = flat out used car salesman
    HSN = I just shake my head at the ridiculousness of it ALL!
    Art & Coin TV = I find the most entertaining and have learned a lot about coins, especially Rick Tomaska. However, watching Rick on TV is like watching paint dry.
    AVC with Don Davis = I like watching this to see if I can predict when he will repeat himself. He does it a lot.

Overall, I find these shows entertaining, but learned quickly that their prices have to support a lot of overhead and are extremely high. I just watch them for their entertainment value.

11. FLAMEBLU

FLAMEBLU New Member

w

12. FLAMEBLU

FLAMEBLU New Member

watching art and coin tv last night. guy named shawn was selling the australian year of the horse ms70 1 oz gold coin. He had ad off ebay he was comparing his price to, and his was $1200.00 cheaper! pulled up ebay while he was flapping his gums and found the, qoute, "exact same coin", unquote, except for one very minor difference, the coin on ebay was the 2 oz. gold year of the horse coin!!! How do these crooked sob's get away with this stuff?

13. royster

royster southroy

If they do use Littleton catelog in N.H that seems odd since there owned by Silvertowne L.P. in Winchester Indiana which is one of the most expensive priced coin (shops) more like a mansion with imported stair cases and chandeliers. Owner David Hendrikson just announced Nov 9,2014 that they will be building a multimillion dollar studio in Randolph county Indiana to Move his t.v production of The Coin Vault there from Franklin Tennessee where its been since AHSN when they brag about being on air for 25 years thats counting At Home Shopping Networks air time selling cabbage patch dolls pokemon cards sports things and some coins with Robert Chambers R.I.P. and the annoying Shaun Lefflar.

14. royster

royster southroy

I talk to Don Davis on Twitter he actually says Congrats! LOL hes funny but if you buy from them which i dont they charge shipping on every item ya buy! 3 coins 9.95!S/H 3 times. Art n Coin Shaun Lefflar should be a car salesman Barry is atleast been selling coins for 20 years and talks mellow Shaun is a huckster "theres not enough" "This is crazy were loseing money call now last chance there gone" They use E-Bay and you will notice on comparisons bid ask not what if it sold for! Funny to watch dont buy...

15. royster

royster southroy

16. royster

royster southroy

He passed away from cancer reason for shaveing his head Robert Chambers he was a huckster but dont wish death on no man.

17. green18

Amen. Poked many an innuendo in his direction but never wanted to see his demise......sad.

18. royster

royster southroy

Yes hes been gone almost a year and i felt bad all the times i laughed at his mistakes but in a way he was funny and left a family behind.Very nice P-38 Lightning!

19. green18

Tommy McGuire's'bird'........Major Bongs 'bird' 'Marge' temporarily unavailable.....

20. royster

royster southroy

Are you talking about the C.Morgan design $100.00 Gold Union that was found in the drawers of Morgans desk in the Smithsonian by Jeff Garrett who owns 1 of the 5 1913 V-Nickles? Its a true story the Smithsonian wanted input from Garrett and Bill Gale about rearranging exhibits when Garrett looked in a drawer and found the 100year old sketches 1876 design. Some mint made 5.oz replicas .999 pure gold with copy of original design it was approved by Smithsonian i dont recall the mintage low.Whittman publishing inconjunction with Smithsonian published The Private Sketch Book of George t Morgan Authur Karen M Lee. Beautiful coin was meant for trade abroad thats all i have in my notes cant believe something that beautiful wasnt produced!

21. royster

royster southroy

The Germans called the P-38 the forked tailed devil, wasnt Major Bong killed testing aircraft after he came home?

Draft saved Draft deleted