The Coin Vault on TV

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by m. gill, Jan 4, 2010.

1. eealopez

eealopez Junior Member

I'm on the autoship for silver proof sets and the national park quarters.

I got started with collecting early this year so I'm having to catch-up on the Presidential coins. The current issue of Presidential I pick up the D at the bank and I use to purchase the P on ebay. I just met up with someone that gets the P coins. We're buying and shipping 'even-steven.'

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ADH

ADH New Member

On the Presidents, do you collect both positions? I get the circulation set both P and D and also the Proof sets as well as the two position satin mint sets in P and D. That make nine coins a President for a complete set of all possibilities!

4. eealopez

eealopez Junior Member

Learn something new every day. Never paid attention that there's the two position satin mint sets.
    1) I get the circulation set - P&D
    2) I need to get on the proof set auto ship.

Hey, do you think the Presidential coins will become popular as the state quarters? I haven't seen but one or 2 in circulation.
    I haven't seen any of the park quarters in circulation either.

5. ADH

ADH New Member

Fyi

Yea, the only set of coins to have the printing in one direction on the edge is the proof, if you find out different, then it is a mint error. So wonder how long it will be before some worker at the mint loads them in upside down?

I personally do not like the Presidential coins, they come from the mint beat up. I find pennies in circulation from the 90's in better conditions. These poor guys have more bag marks than Morgans!

My son works on weekends at a restaurant, and he brings the dollar coins and 50 cent pieces home for me to go through. A typical night may bring in 6. The picture I have for my site is one he brought home. I thought it was an Adams dollar error with the double edge strike, but it was George Washington. So I sent it to ANACS to certify.

I do not think that they will ever get the attention of the American public like the quarters did. And the fact that they made a satin set to collect adds to the frustration as it takes too much to collect the set just for one year. To get a satin set you have to destroy to mint sets and be lucky that they are opposites (inpossible) or buy the mate from a dealer (which is what I do as you can destroy 5 sets and still not have the two positions for each coin).

6. eealopez

eealopez Junior Member

Collecting a Whole Presidential Set

I'm already overwhelmed trying to catch-up on the Presidentials from the 2007 inception. I didn't get started until early this year.

I did buy a roll a couple of weeks ago and found a GW 'Godless' error. I note, however, that there are so my GW godless that they aren't selling for much.

I'm going to pass on the satin sets.

I wonder when we'll get to the point where all the dead presidents have been minted and we're waiting on another one to die?? he he

7. eealopez

eealopez Junior Member

Hmmm - I think I'm off topic for this thread. I'll look for a Presidential coin thread and continue the chat from there.

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I called the 800 number once and when the service rep answered, I asked which "Leading Numismatic Catalog" they used and she hung up on me. Chambers has mentioned the Red Book a few times, but I doubt that Whitman would like to be associated with the show.

Chris

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Red Book prices would be a blessing. I think the fat guy's holdin' a gun.....

10. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Are they still selling The Huntsville Alabama Buffalo Nickel hoard???
    I from time to time instead of watching TV ad I flip over to them to get a laugh or 2?

11. x3812491

x3812491 New Member

I wished I had looked at this sight before entering into a direct shipment on first day of issue presidential rolls of coins from these guys. They are 5 behind, I have made 7 phone calls, they can't ever seem to find my name in their "records" since 'the merger'. It doesn't appear that they have the product to ship (why else would retailer not ship these days). I've been clean on the payment side. This was the fourth and last thing I will by from them. I have an attorney for a brother and he is looking into taking them to small claims court to get my money back for the first couple of years of stuff. I forgot to mention : they also sent me a duplicate, but after only 4 phone calls they did actually correct the error. Any similar experiences on their pathetic record keeping? I don't think they're dishonest : just stupid.

12. The 21 Kid

The 21 Kid New Member

Double The Price

They are a joke. Whatever they are selling divide it in half and that's what its worth. They also flat out make things up. Example: they were selling a PCGS 1938 MS66 buffalo nickel for $99.95 (worth $50). Theywere quoting prices off PCGS web site. I was also looking at PCGS web site. The numbers were correct that they (Robert) were quoting. However, they were not matching up for the grades they were comparing. They said the next grade up (MS67) was $450. WRONG :mad: ..... The $450 was the correct amount for a MS67+. The correct amount is $115 for a MS67. They will say anything to make their over priced coins sound better than what they really are. Buyers beware. Stay away from ALL TV coin dealers. Unless you’re looking for a comedy to watch :yes:...

13. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

Wow, way to resurrect a dead thread. Still, TV coin sales are a good diversion when you have nothing else to do.

14. Alex491

Alex491 Boy Scout

I'm watching the coin vault now just to see their crazy prices!:smile

15. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Like putting up with this blasted redundant thread.......

16. rkf

rkf New Member

the coin vault is backed by silvertowne for allthere silver products and theygot some body in az. for there gold but have'nt figured that one out yet. have you seen there doing there coins in 2 pay now send them 1500.00 and 32 days. he's running out of of he's well to due people this is the fourth show I've seen him ruin. he carried that shawn kid with him but now i see him on art and coin show in torrance ca. I get havles from them about every 2 weeks. for quality the to best one's are art and coin and monaco john binns is back on the air

17. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

I bought an IOM Noble offline recently from govmint.com and when they sent me the coin they sent along their catalog. Inside they were selling a roll of BU roosies for $15! per coin!!! That right there is your LNC.

18. Tecsan

Tecsan New Member

You cannot say they never have a good deal or two. Very very rarely they will have a deal worth the money (if you know what to look for). But beware I did say rarely.

Murphy45p likes this.
  19. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

It is target towards impulse buyers not bargain hunters...

20. debordj

debordj Debo

I admit that I bought 2 of the 2010 shield penny first day issue coins from them. Was like $29 for two including shipping. They aren't even really graded - they are just BU.

Not a great deal, but at the time I loved them and I bit. I won't buy from them anymore though. I am sorry guys. :0(

21. rkf

rkf New Member

bsowa 1088 ifyou look at the new york mint catalog you'll see they are the same as gov. mint check return address's neither catalog's have enough product to quailfy for it lnc. there is one called heartland that they might be useing.have a good day and holidays rkf

Draft saved Draft deleted