Strap-stackers post your results.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by TheNoost, Aug 19, 2009.

1. tauferners

tauferners On a quest for knowledge

It was a good week for stars in my wifes tip money. I have told her to try and take better care of her notes until I can go through them, but with this being a family oriented site I cannot post her response to me. LOL

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tauferners

Attached Files:

4. tauferners

Attached Files:

5. tauferners

Attached Files:

6. tauferners

Attached Files:

7. tauferners

Attached Files:

8. blue_oxen

blue_oxen Junior Member

I know its a horrible picture but hear it is anyway.

[​IMG]

9. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

nice lot of stars tuaferners and blue_ozen! The $50 star has only 3.2 million printed . not exceptionaly rare, but not super huge either!

10. lincolnhoardr

lincolnhoardr Coin Hoarder

Here of some of my finds from the past year or so. I don't have the picture of it anymore but I sold a repeater note 19551955 for 35 it was crisp out of a new bundle of ones from work. The low serial sold for 30 dollars on ebay even in that condition. I have not found anything good for a while.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

Search 35 singles today, ended up with one star 2006 Chicago and birthday note 19621501. Pretty good for only $35 worth!

12. blue_oxen

blue_oxen Junior Member

got a strap of $2's today and found one a 1995 F03830619*.
    also found 2 1976's in near CCU condition I don't know a lot about bills as im just starting collecting US . should I hold on to the 1976's?

13. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

holding 1976's is a gamble - so many people collect them because of their apparent uniqueness, that not many of them are really worth much. Stars are of course, but most regular issues can eaqsily still be found at banks. I woudl save short print runs if your into that, and any low mintage district! The rest, i might keep CU examples for a set or sets, but i wouldnt go out of my way to save the rest

14. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Red Seal and Nice Franklin Bank Finds

Got these at the bank this weekend.

Darn that person who wrote on this $2 bill and tore its corner. In this condition, I don't think it is worth anything more than 2 bucks (anyone feel differently)......but I have a hard time spending a red seal anything so I'll keep it.

The Hundred is in crisp condition. Barely a trace of a light fold (wasn't folded all the way) in the middle. It is not that old, but I was surprised to find it in this good condition. I will probably sell it at the coin club auction because my budget won't allow for anything else, but is it worth any premium? Please give me your opinion!

Regardless, I think they were nice finds. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

bobbeth, that $2 looks like a good one to experiment with ink removal ideas.

16. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo :eek: :eek: :eek:

i will galdly send you two unsoiled $1's ... just dont harm the note :D

17. halashton

halashton Member

I asked for duces today and got $80 worth. Found two consecituve serial number 2003A that a still fairly crisp (odd they were about 10 notes apart in the stack). I also found 1976 star G 00081087 * with a few light folds and pencil 4 on it but still a bit crisp and not too bad of shape.

18. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Put up the 1990 $100 note at the coin club meeting auction last night for $101. No one bit, so I'll spent it. :( I hate spending it because I know they just schred it soon because it lacks the security features of the new bills....

19. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

Bob, if i had $100, i would snag it up too!

20. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

Well, another $200 searched, and not a single star note. I did spot a 2004A $10 star note as the teller was counting back my tens from the $200 i was cashing in. I pointed it out, and told her i now had to withdraw $10 to cover that note lol

I did find a 1988A note while searching. i prefer the stars of course, but wont turn down an older note either. the serial is B 35065348 H. yes, there were billions of notes printed for the boston district for that long series, but still a keeper for me.

21. Kent

Kent Junior Member

Went through 3 straps of ones today 9 yesterday and found no stars, but I did find a very tired 1977A. I hung on to it to keep it out of the shredder I guess. I do have 5 stars waiting at the bank I will pick them up tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted