Strap-stackers post your results.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by TheNoost, Aug 19, 2009.

1. traumafindr

traumafindr The Seeker of Lincoln

Congrats the same thing happened to me today she said i have a goodie for you im thinking this is gonna be real good..... not what i expected but still good for $1

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kent

Kent Junior Member

4 straps today I thought I would give a try already found a star. I guess that is pretty good for a beginner. I bought a strap the other day but found nothing except two consecutive unc's. I am going to look for some ladders,repeaters,and something else I think. Whayt do I look for I still haven't figured the Mule thing yet, the number on the back never matches the numbers on the front. I don't think I am checking the right thing.
    I will post if I find something that might be unusual.
    Kent

4. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

A weird but cool $2 printing error:whistle:. Stamped $2 from Detroit, stamp removed but glue still visible. A neat serial number and a star.

Attached Files:

5. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

that is not what makes a mule a mule :)

6. Kent

Kent Junior Member

So am I right you want find any Mules after 1953?

7. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

not really sure to tell you the truth. I think the term MULE has kind of changed and been twisted to fit different things over the years. Maybe an expert on Mules would know better and respond - actually it hink a thread was started inthe last week or two about the subject. I would check out that thread to see what was said about mules.

I do know (i think :p) its not the check numbers on the front and back 'matching' that makes a mule :thumb:

8. Kent

Kent Junior Member

I went back and read a post to a thread I started by Clayirving (who I will add has been very helpful) and I realized it is the size of the number not the number itself. Sometimes i have to be hit between the eyes with a stick to get my attention.

9. Scrumhalf2

Scrumhalf2 Junior Member

First time I have ever searched currency. First bank I went to had $42 in 2's. The tell help up the red seal and asked if I still wanted it since it was in such bad shape! I also found a my second star at another bank. One thing I will say about currency is that it is much less cumbersome than searching coins!

Attached Files:

10. kdkenn

kdkenn Bank Employee

This is kinda funny cuz I was going through my shipment from our main branch yesterday and there was a $5 in a strap of $1's too. I just have to send it with the strap with the initials to our main branch and it goes back to that teller and the will offset the shortage. Usually nothing happens over that small amount.

11. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

well, i guesws they didnt wrote her up for being short... they wrote he up because when she was verifying a customer deposit of 1's, she didnt 'look' at every note - she used the counter - and thats how the 5's sliped past her. That slip cost the customer the $8, not the bank. So becuase she failed to verify all the bills, and in turn shorted the customer - that was why the wrote her up.

On this trip, with the extra 5's i found - im not going to get another cashier in trouble. They wont get in trouble for being short $8, but will for shorting a customer... i like having the cashiers save notes - i wont take the chance of getting them in trouble!

12. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

What bank did this happen at? Was it a big chain bank or some little bank in a 500 person town? The counters are there for a reason, I would be miffed if I brought in ten straps of ones' and the teller could or would only count them by hand. Also, it is the banks fault for not having the right kind of counter if they want to be so picky about a five slipping in. There are counters out there that just count the amount of physical paper that passes through(which I have) and there are more sophisticated counters that can detect possible counterfeits and count multiple denominations at the same time.

13. kdkenn

kdkenn Bank Employee

Yep I don't blame you. I have always hated the counting machines for that exact reason. If I had just ran it through the machine then I might not have caught it. But I go through them by hand to mute out the money and to pick through to see if there is anything of interest.

14. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

Both times i recieved extra 5's in my bundles of 1's was at a TCF bank. Its a large bank chain, and the town isn't small either :) Its one of the reasons i use them as my 'buy' bank.

15. Kent

Kent Junior Member

I went to different banks taking change to turn in teller at the first bank I have these for you 5 star $1's then at the second bank the teller asked if I wanted a strap of ones she had so I took them all UNC's with 50 consecutive serials don't know if that is any good but it is cool.

16. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

i got stiffed again today :(

$200 in singles...
    0 stars,
    0 radars,
    0 ladders ...

all i got was a worn note with 3 leading zeros. Not much of a consilation prize lol but i will take it

17. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Found another new area for $2's.
    1976 K00067845*
    2003A F00139590*
    1995 F99843212C (from sheet w/torn off corner)
    4 bday notes 040-1921-5, 040-1923-7, 040-1923-3, 05-9-19980

18. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

another completely LOUSY day for strap searching :(

not a single solidary star note in the $200 singles. I did get a $10 star note when cashing in the old starsp though. a 2004A $10 GL-*

the $1 bundles also yeilded a 1985 B-r and a 1993 F-D note. I wonder if these bundles came from another collector since they couldnt have come from a reserve bank. Someone out there has got to be hitting the stars before me lol

19. schwalbe

schwalbe Junior Member

my girlfriend and i tried it for the first time today. $400 in $1s and $200 in fives. Didn't find anything. she wasn't happy. but we had fun.

20. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

I found another star on a One:

Series 2001: C 00267932*

21. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

i feel like i have been in the desert with nothing to drink - and today i found an bottle of water :D

2 star notes -
    2003A C 02270734 *
    2003A E 03405723 *

1 older note
    1988A D 28775615 E - its a rag, but i will keep it regardless.

i do believe that with this new treasure trove of stars that was found in todays straps, i think this proves the peace treaty between the gremlins and pixies has come full force! How do i know? because i swear its those little buggers pulling all the stars from the straps i get at my banks :D

Draft saved Draft deleted