Souvenir cards

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by krispy, Feb 25, 2010.

1. connor1

connor1 Collector

I posted these twice sorry [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, Art. I'll add a couple others to the pot. These are the Philatelic Truck sheets, which are often considered to be the first philatelic souvenir cards, though they were printed on regular paper and gummed. At least for the first year (1939). then they found too many kids were licking them and pasting them to the side of the truck, so the gum disappeared the next year. These two are rare overprints from local stamp conventions. I had them in my collection for several years until I sold them.

Attached Files:

4. Art

Art Numismatist?

Really neat. I'd never seen these before.

5. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Bob, They are really nice ~ but these three I would buy if I saw them for sale at a reasonable price! I especially like the first one!!!

A bit late I know but thanks for sharing. Tomorrow I hope to receive my latest card which I will post when it arrives.

Best Regards ~ Darryl

6. connor1

connor1 Collector

Thanks Darryl,
    The Panama Girl I have on the $50 FRN ,it is my favorite also. The color is a nice addition .I'll be looking for your latest card post.
    The NY Burke/Glass is very hard to find in any grade ,I settled for the VF 25 but I still love this note & The Panama Girl .vignette
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. USS656

Funny, I saw this yesterday in an upcoming auction and thought I would really like it. Not sure if I will have the funds to get it but it would be nice if I did!

Attached Files:

8. connor1

connor1 Collector

Darryl,thats a nice $50 FRN,I have been staying with (B) NY & have the5/10/20/50/100 that's all I can afford ,so I know what you mean after the $100 it's time to start a new hunt because the $500 is an impossable note on my budget.
    I'm trying NY Nationals now,just came in the mail today my first.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    When I bought these BEP Souviner cards years ago I never thought I would someday have the notes !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Art

Art Numismatist?

WOW! Nice cards and notes. The designs are super.

10. USS656

It did show up today and I love it! I could never afford the real thing in decent condition so this is the next best thing! :D Printed on heavy paper stock that is actual size using plates from the original dies.

[​IMG]

11. USS656

Congrats, that is a great looking note and would be a nice addition to any collection! Hope you are able to add additional notes to your collection!

12. connor1

connor1 Collector

MY Favorite Note

Darryl I'm in the same position,my eyes are bigger then my wallet.
    I never seen them from the BEP together like that.
    I have both front and Back in BEP Souvenir cards seperately.Nice pick up.I'd frame them with a nice acid free matt. imagekind.com does a nice job if you upload the image (Jpeg) or just do it yourself with the vignettes.:hail:

13. USS656

My latest and greatest ~ Hope you enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. krispy

krispy krispy

Darryl that gold cert is really cool! both pieces are! but I really like color and quality of the $500 GC! It's so great to see these old notes in perfect crisp printed condition. Congrats.

15. connor1

connor1 Collector

Darryl,
    Beautiful cards in pristene condition,the $500 GC is stunning !

16. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Connor1..

Most excellent pick up's..Congrats on a fine note and card!
    As mentioned before..your collection continues to WOW me!! :bigeyes: :kewl:
    Love the National...beautiful note!

RB

17. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

18. gsalexan

19. USS656

Okay ~ who over bid me on the Panama Girl auction? I did win a couple others but sadly missed out on that one. Congrats to whomever won and I hope you post a big pic in this thread!

Update - Ken offered me a 2nd chance on the Panama Girl - he had 2 and sold me the 2nd. :D

20. gsalexan

Nice! And everybody's happy. Ken Barr's a good guy -- I've dealt with him for probably 20 years. Wait a minute. That would make me...old!

21. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Ken Barr a dealer?

Draft saved Draft deleted