Since I've been away for a while...a lift to my spirits!!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by RickieB, Dec 30, 2011.

1. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Back in July I was under the impression I may not be around this fine Earth much longer.
    After several surgeries, depression, loss of interest in most things....I received news last week that treatments were working!

I thought I would celebrate and share with you 3 notes I picked up and 2 of them were purchased today.
    What a lift this brought to me and I once again opened the currency book to mark these 34C's as owned.

The NY Note is the "finest known" and holds a special place in the collection.. (My Doc is from NY)
    The Phillie and Chitown Star was added today as a celebration to perhaps a New Year and New Life so to speak.

As I get better I will try to be around more....I have started light physcial workouts to rebuild my strength and attitude.

I hope you enjoy the notes! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards,

RickieB

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Congrats Rick, Great additions to your NY Collection!

4. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Darryl:

Thank you!
    Before I learned of my situation I was building a 34C Set as well for $5, $10 and $20's outside of the New York Collection.
    The Stars are difficult to locate as you well know.

Thanks for the kind words.

5. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Great to have you back, Rickie! You've been missed by a lot of people around here. I hope your recovery goes smoothly.
    Guy

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I enjoy the notes as well as seeing you a little more often around these parts. Glad the treatments are working and you're gaining your strength back Rick.

7. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Rickie, I am very happy to here that you are doing so well. I hope this means we will be seeing a little more of you around here...it hasn't been the same without you.

Also, I love the notes. I think they will fit nicely into your collection.

8. wiggam007

wiggam007 Cut-Rate Parasite

Good to see you back around Rickie!

9. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Rick, I am very pleased to see you here again - your shared knowledge and enthusiasm for paper money are very admirable. Also pleased that you are there for your family too. The whole SEG presentation stuff has really sparked some serious researching on my part to find out more about the engravers that created the treasures we collect - and I admit I have been buying original artwork created by GFC Smillie.

10. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

As in the past, great notes — I hope to see many more from you in the future! :thumb:

11. krispy

krispy krispy

Oh my goodness!

Rick it's so good to hear this news and to see you posting, collecting and positive about celebrating!

You hang in there and get that collecting bug back to full-time status! This is a fantastic thread to find today!

I am quite overjoyed to have you around CT again, and those are some fantastic looking pick ups... only the finest notes for one of the finest guys! :thumb:

12. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Wow! The notes are great. But the fact that you are still here to enjoy them and share them with us is whats important. I hope everything keeps going well.

13. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

I am pulling for your continued recovery!
    Welcome back!!

14. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Awesome to hear your doing well RickieB! :D
    Nice notes too. Speaking of 34C's, somebody paid me with a '34-C $10 at the store the other day. Its not nearly as nice as those though. :)

15. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Welcome back! We missed you!!!

16. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

DUDE! Glad to see you back. Awesome news!

17. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Such great news! I hope you have a great year in 2012 getting stronger and really enjoying your collecting!

18. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

Rick,

I just don't hang around here like I used to but SO glad to hear you're on the mend my friend.
    As for light physical therapy might I suggest some curls with high grade notes in your hands? Start with a few and work your way up. You have the material.

Stay well.

Dan

19. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Rickie, it is great to see you back on CT line. One question to you,

On your 1934 star note, the title says 1934 C.

Should the wording be 1934 G (as in Chicago issue) ?

Dave

20. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

​Ditto!

21. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

WOW! Great news to hear your getting back on the CT boards again. There were an awfully big pair of empty shoes here when you left.

Draft saved Draft deleted