Silver Will Not Top $20 Again Homies

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Eminem, Apr 24, 2014.

1. fiatfiasco

fiatfiasco Nasty Details Member

Well, that was a perfect sentence. You're off to a good start.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

Perhaps one of these days I will be able to write better. I am more of a math and science guy.

4. fiatfiasco

Me too buddy, me too. Stay the course.

5. fiatfiasco

How is my quarter eagle coming along?

6. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

getting better but price has been the problem.

7. fiatfiasco

It always is.

I am going to PM you the rest.

8. chip

chip Novice collector

I am not an anticurrency guy, in fact I collect a little currency, but the reason that the purchasing power of your dollar dropping is a bad thing, is because many people are on fixed incomes, if you had planned to retire with about a 40k a year budget and in a few years your budget will barely cover food and heating it is a miserable thing.

9. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

In my opinion it is a bit different than that. The first thing is when you are on what they call "fixed" income that really does not mean no increases. The social security portion is adjusted annually for inflation, so that is covered. Now when we get to the savings portion, that should grow also. Yeah, if you keep under your mattress you are most likley hosed, but you get it into a nice mix of assets you should should easily be able to match inflation, or even beat it depending on your risk tolerance.

When you set up your budget, it should never be set for a set amount per year. The rule of thumb is your maximum withdrawl from you savings should be 4.5% and then you adjust that upwards for inflation each year. Since you are still growing your savings, you should be able to maintain those yearly upward adjustments

10. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Three paragraphs of mumbo jumbo and you still didn't address your point. You stated "And creditors in this country have always been correct...?" as a response to how inflation hurts creditors. That makes absolutely no sense as I see no relationship to bad buisness decisions and inflation , since you refuse to defend your point, I will assume you conceed it.

Oh by the way, I have good news for you, you are now my new pet project :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  11. fiatfiasco

Look at all of these assumptions, should haves and what ifs!! Did it ever occur to you that a majority of Americans do not fit your profile of what retirees SHOULD do.

Try explaining to someone living on SS that they receive the same amount of money because it is "adjusted for inflation, so that is covered" - UMM, WHAT...NOT EVEN GOING TO GO THERE.

"if you get into a nice mix of assets" RIGHT, EVERYONE OVER THE AGE OF 65 IN AMERICA HAS ASSETS. BUD, PEOPLE LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK HERE, MAJORITY OF THEM!

"when you set up your budget you should never..." UM, HOW OLD ARE YOU?!!? I AM GUESSING THAT YOU ARE YOUNG ENOUGH TO NEVER HAVE YOUR ROOF LEAK, OR A FAMILY MEMBER REQUIRE $100K IN HEALTHCARE NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE...AND OH YEAH, YOU SHELL OUT THE DOUGH FOR IT. AND BY "IT", I MEAN LIFE...LIFE HAPPENS, YOU ARE EITHER SHELTERED, BORN INTO A WELL OFF FAMILY, 15, OR SOMETHING I CANNOT WRITE - A TRUE INSULT.

Did I dodge anything in there? Or do you wish to backpeddle a bit champ? Your ignorance is almost offensive.; or as Agent Smith would say "its the smell, it stinks".

12. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Nevermind, the dude just isn't worth the typing...

13. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Ok, let's talk it through, so what exactly are you saying about SS. Are you saying it is not adjusted for inflation? That would be false and you would will incorrect. Now your you example of trying to have to explain it to folks on SS, that is just not a valid argument and means nothing. Not only do I think that was a lame, pitiful, attempt, I don't even think it is true. I know my Dad full understands his SS is inflation adjusted and I think many others do also. For the subset that do not understand, think of it this way, Nicolaus Copernicus was not able to convince everyone that the earth resolved around the sun but it did not make it not true. I got to tell you, this is the second time that I have noticed that you don't think much about the intelligence of other folks. I assure you my opinion of the US people is much higher.

I think what you were actually saying is, SS does not pay enough for folks to even pay for the most basic needs. Of course I totally agree with this, is a huge problem, but it has nothing to do with inflation. Whew.... you are off to another bad day already.

You second point is so ridiculous I would like to laugh at it, but because it is a serious problem I will not, For the folks living Paycheck to Paycheck, they are in a bad way, but since there is no savings, there is NOTHING to deflate. The money comes in and out so fast inflation doesn't touch them. It is that simple. Inflation is just not their problem.

Now by the end of you post you are just ranting with absolutely no content. It seems you are saying tragedies happen that cost a lot of money and really puts a strain on folks and life is real hard. YES that is true, but we are talking about inflation. It is very sad, almost everyone including myself has faced these issues, but they simply do not have anything to do with inflation. A four year old would understand when hurricane Sandy devesated NJ it was horrible freak of nature that tore their lives apart, NOT INFLATION.

To summarize, you have brought out some very sad and very challangeing issues in if life, listed them out and said SEE I told you inflation was bad with no explanion or logic at all. Absolutely Pathetic.........

Well maybe you'll be right tommorow, but CERTAINLY NOT TODAY

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  14. fiatfiasco

I am glad you took the time to try and explain yourself which just thoroughly shows you misunderstood a majority of what I (and others) said. Your first paragraph is just...insane. There is no hope explaining it to you and I am going to take the advice from no less than 4 people in PM form and just say...ok buddy, whatever you say! If you worked for me in one of my companies, you would be applying for SS tomorrow (which does not adjust for true inflation, but, you think it does, so you will be fine)

And on a side note, please do not try to confuse people about my "opinion of the American people". The truth is, you probably have a hard time tying your shoes and I don't want one of those very same Americans to read your ranting, psychotic, ignorant rambling and come out confused and thinking I actually think any of the things you think I do. Please just let it go.

If you need an ego boost, you were right, I was wrong. I don't want you to waste your time on an uneducated, unsuccessful, bigot like myself anymore. Ok? You totally "won".

15. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I'm going to call this one for mikem2000. He clearly has proved his point where fiat fiasco seems like a loon.

16. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

The pattern continues, you cannot counter, so you write 3 paragrpahs of mumbo jumbo to insult. It is the oldest trick in the book. "Duh, I really can't make my point so I am just going to say you are too stupid to understand." (I got that one from you Chris , good stuff, Thanks ;) )

Oh BTW I am calling your bluff on "If you worked for one on my companies" You are more the type who prentends to have employees, If I am wrong, please send me your company info, location, size of it, benefits you you have, positions you are looking for, skillsets you need . I try to aid people in finding jobs, many of these folks are highly skilled and have been separated from Big Pharma or telecommunications I have also have connections in differet states, If I don't don't hear from you I will assume i am right.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  17. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Dude, you made me snort my cereal out my nose :) :) :)

18. fiatfiasco

Wow. You saw right through me. I am on Social Security.

And you are a headhunter....the bottom of the barrel.

What person in their right mind would share personal information with a documented lunatic. Sir, please, I already conceded twice to you. You are obviously a doctor of economics and a highly successful head hunter. Edited! Forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  19. fiatfiasco

Funny part is, we need people in our call center, at all levels. But if you think I would accept someone YOU think is intelligent to work in MY company....I mean lets be serious here, a caveman would be someone you look up to... .

20. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  21. fiatfiasco

You blindly agreed with him. Or you read his "argument" and agreed with him, either way, IQ must be sub 100. So far one person agrees with him, and 4 have said, and I quote one, "you are wasting your time with him" or "you are banging your head against a wall"

Draft saved Draft deleted