Silver Hoarders Question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TheCoinGeezer, Mar 30, 2012.

1. vettejayk

vettejayk New Member

I like it all. Sometimes I just buy certain items that I'm in the mood for (e.g., limited mintage stuff like Grizzlies, Kooks), other times I just look for the best per ounce deal. I'm always looking for deals on 90%. I just love the feel of jingling a few silver quarters in my hand.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

For silver bullion holding, I prefer the cheapest, easily recognizable form. To me, this leaves out rounds and bars since they have to be reassayed if you go to sell them. Therefor, I prefer 90% US coins. If for equal money, I prefer coins like WL halves and mercury dimes just cause I like them more than other coins.

4. CopperJacket

CopperJacket New Member

One man's junk silver is another man's treasure... words of wisdom :)

I prefer 90% over .999 because 1) they cost less than cerry-picked bullion coin and 2) they just look plain cooler to me ;)

5. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

mostly .999 rounds and bars 1, 5, 10, oz. I just like the easy to value and sell feature. i collect all the ASEs and have maybe 80 total but don't like to pay the big premium. few rolls of junk but not my favorite. everybody knows what it is but not how to value it. i get tired of explaining it (the price) to people when i go to sell it. I just find .999 an easier sale.

6. Snowman

Snowman Senior Member

i like 90% silver & ASEs because i know who made it

with everything else. rounds and bars .. i dont know who made this stuff
    so i never look at ..but i guess if you know ...thats great..
    i never had time to study these itmes

7. jessvc

jessvc Active Member

I like all silver coins in all conditions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Barkoff

Barkoff New Member

Can you folks define "junk coins" for a greenhorn?

Thanks

9. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie what is this I don*t even

I also like 90% junk silver because it is sales tax exempt, which can't be said about bars and rounds (at least here in WI).

Draft saved Draft deleted