show us your unusual coins.

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by moneyer12, Sep 23, 2011.

1. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Here's a somewhat different 10 Zl from Poland (2007) and an example of the 12.5 cent coin from Venezuela that Hiddendragon mentioned. I don't have a nicer one or I'd post it.

2007_Poland_PF67UC_10Z.jpg
    1958_Venezuela_MS63_12-5_Cents.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

The worlds first Bi-Metallic coin, an experimental model penny struck in Birmingham about 1850
    Bronze and White metal

mp2.JPG mp 1.JPG

4. IndianaBrandon

IndianaBrandon New Member

all really neat!! looks like i need to get out my syrians and and few other and get a few pics done!

5. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

A $1 silver proof issued by the "Sovereign Nation of the Poarch Creek Indians". This is a small band of American Indians located in Alabama, and recognized as a sovereign nation by the U.S. government since 1984. Total mintage of this coin of 10,000 pieces.

2006_PF69UC_Creek_Nation_PowWow.jpg

6. jlblonde

jlblonde Señor Member

Ethiopia - 25 Cents - 1936 - Obv.jpg Ethiopia - 25 Cents - 1936 - Rev.jpg

Just plain weird...

7. moneyer12

moneyer12 i just love UK coins.......

ethiopia......................

8. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

One sided pattern coin from Germany.

Attached Files:

9. IndianaBrandon

IndianaBrandon New Member

heres a few of my world coins, 3 are syrian and 1 egyptian. Not worth a ton but neat all the same

Attached Files:

10. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

I think this qualifies an an unusual coin-- bimetallic gold and platinum Library of Congress commemorative-- the only bimetallic coin the US has ever issued, and in gold and platinum at that.

Attached Files:

11. Lincoln Cents

Lincoln Cents Cents not pennies

12. jlblonde

jlblonde Señor Member

When I was a kid we used to toss pennies and nickels against the wall. I'm sure everyone has played this game at one time or another.

I wonder how the Ceylon square 5 cent would measure up? Advantage?

13. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Mardi Gras! =) I want one of these (the coin, not the pair hahaha).

14. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

Wow! You possess one of these? These are extremely rare.

15. moneyer12

i have 20 different coint and notes from the keeling cocos islands, i bought the blue plastic coin around 10 years aga for £15 which was a bargain at the time.

16. CheetahCats

Perhaps it was your variety, maybe another ... but I believe I read somewhere that these have a rarity value of R-7 or greater...

17. moneyer12

the blue plastic cent is extremely rare, i have not seen another example offered for sale in europe, i bought mine in cairns queensland from a superb coin dealer, which had unfortunately closed prior to my last visit. generally numismatic items from the islands command quite high prices as they are quite scarce, although the 2004 issue is generally available it can cost a fair bit. the notes all signed by clunies-ross are all scarce and sell for over £50 and higher, dependent on denomination and condition.

18. CheetahCats

I have only seen one other blue cent once -- and that was online, not in person.

Congrats on having one in your cabinet :)

19. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

Here is a 1634 silver 2-kreuzer coin from Regensburg (Germany). It was minted in the middle of the bloody 30 Years War and the Latin inscription reads: Da Pacem Nobis Dominae -- "Give us peace, O Lord"

Attached Files:

20. JulieH9154

JulieH9154 New Member

I am in possession of a coin like the one pictured in this thread which has a crown on it and the words 'Three Pound Twelve' , but it is the same on both sides. It belonged to my father-in-law and he kept it in a tin of sentimental possessions. We believe he obtained it during WW2. I would like to know the significance of this coin and whether it is worth anything?

21. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

County of Flandria.
    Count Franciscus Hercoile de Valois (XVIth century). Extremely rare coin.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      37.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      36.5 KB
      Views:
Draft saved Draft deleted