Should I pay this guy on eBay?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by JCB1983, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omahaorange

omahaorange Active Member

Let me be the first to say, while I don't side with your reasoning, the only reason I refer to you is because you made the original post. You asked for opinions, and I gave mine. But my comments were directed toward the topic, and not to you personally. If you took offense, I do apologize. But I stand by opinions on the subject matter. I personally, am glad you took the high road on this, and I am sure someone will enjoy the note when it's all said and done.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheCoinGeezer

TheCoinGeezer Senex Bombulum

I ran your argument past my lawyer nephew and he said it doesn't hold water.
    I looked at the auction in question and see that the seller had a 14 day return policy which, to me, would seem to have eliminated the need for the little melodrama that played out here.
    At any rate, the ethical thing to do is pay.
    If a buyer approached me to negate a sale, I have done so in the past and would most likely do so again in the future, in the interest of maintaining good customer relations.
    OTOH I wouldn't hold it against a seller if he wouldn't allow me to renege on my bid.

4. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

5. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

People used to be committed to an institution when they did things they could not control. Now society lets them walk the streets and fend for themselves. Is that more loving? I think not. If you can't moderate the medication, then you need to be locked up until you don't need it anymore. Others shouldn't have to be placed in the position of picking and choosing who they think is on medication and wonder every time they enter into a contract.

Think of it as being responsible for a dog. If you let it loose, you're responsible whether you intended it to harm others or not.

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The situation was brought forth ( questionable whether a good idea or not)
    Situation was discussed in 164 posts
    Situation was announced solved by the OP

Say Good night Gracie! Good night Gracie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.