Secret Santa 2013!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Cazkaboom, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Hello Folks of Cointalk

This year is the third annual Secret Santa Exchange. A sort of tradition I am trying to start. Save for a couple hiccups that happened, I've had some success in this exchange and most of all, a lot of fun. And seeing as to the interest building up, I am sure a bunch of you have had fun too.
    As for the people who don't know me, I am Cannyn and I will be the host of this year's Secret Santa gift exchange. Last year's exchange was a fun one, and lots of people enjoyed it. I asked around and the people who participated previously said they'd happily do it again. So I am here to get all of you in the holiday mood. I found that if I put it in the Contest section (though not much of a contest) It'll stay up top of the sub-forum longer so this is where it'll lie.
    If you are interested in participating, Feel free to comment here, PM your name and address to me and I will send a reply to let you know I got it.

I will give until December 12th for the people interested to post, then I will put the names in a hat and draw for you.

Here are the rules of the exchange: Participating members must have 55 or more posts
    The item(s) must be numismatically related
    The item(s) will amount to the price of $15 or slightly around. Please have a conscience and do what is right.
    You must mail your gifts when I send you the address of whom you are sending to
    Do not put your screenname on the package unless you really want to let the cat out of the bag. But for our friends at the Post Office, please do write your residential name
    Unless somebody states they are willing to ship internationally, this contest will be only open to people in the US (Sorry, we've had a few problems :() (If I could get a volunteer or two, that'd be great though)
    I reserve the right to deny somebody the privilege to play if I do not trust them

The procedure:
    I Put every participating person's screen name in a container
    I Put every screen name and address in another container
    Draw one member, and draw out of the other bag and match them up.
    If the name and member match, I will throw them back in and draw again so nobody gets themselves
    If I draw people sending gifts to eachother, I will re-drawI send the addresses to those who are participating and the participants and you send a gift
    You Send/receive gifts
    You Open
    You enjoy, thank, and boast on cointalk
    Thread dies off eventually
    Another exchange opens up next year

If the gift comes early, as a challenge try to restrain your excitement of wanting to tear it open and wait until christmas (I lasted 20 minutes in 2011, and 2 days in 2012). Then feel free post what you got from your "secret" Santa (we love pictures here). This serves as a bit of a confirmation that you have received your gift and we see what you got.

Now two years ago, there was a bump in the road from a member who didn't get the memo, and promptly got banned, so if you feel cheated, please don't make it public. Take it to either them, or me. Thanks in advance.
    Also I would like to say, If you do not receive your gift, PM me and I'll see what I can do. I do not assume any responsibility for any lost/missing/stolen packages, but I may be able to help make it better.

Any suggestions to better the system? Let me know.

Let the gifting begin!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    coinsrus1000 and jester3681 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sean the Coin Collector

Sean the Coin Collector Active Member

I would be interested in playing !!!

4. coinmaniac14

coinmaniac14 Member

I'd like to join this year!

5. robec

robec Junior Member

Count me in again Cannyn. :)

6. theSharpGun

theSharpGun The King

I've always been hesitant to join these types of events but I saw the success of last year secret santa and would love to contribute this year.

7. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

I will also be participating again this year.

8. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

If you're looking to join, PM your address to me. It is crucial that I get them or else You won't be part of the exchange. Gotta contact a mod to edit that in.

9. ClarkCoins

ClarkCoins Member

I don't have enough posts, but I will definitely continue participating in the community until I do, be ready for my PM at 55 :)

Cazkaboom likes this.
  10. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Yes, of course..... I'm in for the Secret Santa!

11. Hallingood

Hallingood Member

Same here. Got to get to 55 :)

12. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Cannyn, I'd like to participate again this year.

13. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

I jump in this year... PM sent.

14. mammoth29

mammoth29 Well-Known Member

Count me in, sounds fun!

15. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Im in again as well. Had a blast with this last year.

16. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Clark - I was in your place last year. I didn't have enough posts when the Secret Santa was announced but by the time the contest was ready to go I had enough.

Cazkaboom - I would love to participate again and I will PM you my info. Thanks!

17. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Missed this last year for some reason, not this year. Thanks, I'm in.

18. coinsrus1000

coinsrus1000 Active Member

count me in,,thanks for doing organizing secret santa.......

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Shoot, I'd like to participate but I'm not sure........how many posts do you need? devil.gif

PM coming.

jello and Kentucky like this.
  20. jon12

jon12 Young Numismatic

Is there a prize?

21. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

But of course, that warm fuzzy feeling :)

Draft saved Draft deleted