Seated liberty 1 oz troy silver bullion

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wlwhittier, Nov 25, 2012.

1. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Peripheral Member

Hi...

It's been awhile, so I'm really glad to have your company again, and this resource. I've got a hat-full of odd stuff, some of which are pretty puzzling. I'll open with this thing, for want of a nicer one immediately at hand.

Please do tell: What mint, when? What does anyone make of the scalloped strike at her left forearm? And where may I find it cataloged?

I pick up goodies (like this) I've never seen before, but often find the thing is too common for mention, and I've overpaid for it. But the habit keeps me out of the pool halls.

I'll be grateful for any comments...and I'll be back with other stuff frequently this winter.

P1050867.jpg P1050865.jpg P1050863.jpg Thanks a lot! Warren

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Private mint one ounce round? Definitely not from the US Mint. That mark is probably a hit from the edge of another coin/round.

4. John14

John14 Active Member

They make these rounds with all the old designs; peace, morgan, bust, standing, ect... I collect all these. Nice one.

5. wlwhittier

Hi, John...

Can you say how old, roughly...or what mint? And do you know what the D T initials at the tail feathers signify?

Thanks!

6. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

DT mint...I think its Dave & Tom aka Death & Taxes
    Here is another one of DT's coins -[​IMG][​IMG]

7. wlwhittier

Thanks, Ripley...Better pics than mine, too!

8. John14

John14 Active Member

Sorry, had to log off for some nachos... :D

9. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

both very nice coins :D

10. BillPNH

BillPNH New Member

Hi Ripley, I just picked up the same coin you have shown. My coin does not have knurled diameter which leads me to believe it was "turned down". Does / did your coin have a knurled diameter? (I understand I'm showing up 8 years later :).

11. BillPNH

BillPNH New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted