Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. kyle5782

kyle5782 New Member

Found a 1902 indian head penny, 1945 merc dime, a few war nickels, 1951 quarter, 1928 canadian nickel, and 3 foreign coins from tailand, barbados, and aruba :cool: probably forgot a few but those are the biggies.

Edit - and a 2009 nickel :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

Here's today's finds.

[​IMG]

$80 CWDimes, 10 Silvers!
    Box of Nickels - No Wars, no Buffs/V, but I did find a 1939s (anyone need this for their collection??), and BU 61', 63' and a sandblasted or chemically altered 59'.

4. Manbeast

Manbeast Collector

Got a box of halves and in the very first roll I opened I found a 1944d liberty (my first). Half way through now and also found a '66 and '67.

liberty walking.jpg

5. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

A box of Halves and a box of Dimes - Skunk for Silver. Found a 1987P in the Halves.

Tomorrows another day and I'll be roadtrippin hard! Hopefully, significantly better results!

6. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I've been getting skunked lately, hope my luck changes soon

7. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Good luck in Philly. Stopped at TD bank on the way home, they wouldn't give me anything, lied to me.

As reprisal, I'm cleaning them out of every last cent they have tomorrow. Gonna take the boxes over to the penny arcade, and bust 'em out right there and go through it all.

8. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

What were you trying to pick up at TD?

9. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

Found 3 Rosies tonight and 3 foreign in 2 boxes of dimes.

Here is my 4 month breakdown from searching halves

52 Boxes searched, plus about $2k in partial/loose halves searched. so about $28K searched
    140 40%ers
    16 90% Kennedies
    3 Bennys
    2 Walkers
    1 Barber

8 Proofs, and the following 5 foriegn coins
    1812 Portuguese 5 Reis
    (2) 1990 Irish Pounds
    1987 Portuguese coin
    1970 Bermuda 50 cent coin

Also I just started doing Dimes at the end of July.

I have done 10 boxes:
    14 Rosies
    1 Merc
    8 foreign coins, one of which was a '61 Canadian Silver Dime

It's been a lot of fun so far. I'm just hoping halves will pick up soon, and waiting for that monster box...haha

10. Tompkins316

Tompkins316 Member

hahaha I'm about to ask you where this is just so I can go and watch this unfold lol

11. Merc Crazy

Two Dime, 1 nickel.
    The one off 202 near Conchester lanes and Wal-Mart.

12. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Did you order them? Sometimes I get lucky with them sometimes I strike out, but between them and Wells Fargo I have plenty of dimes and nickel pickup joints.

13. Merc Crazy

They've never had a problem with it before. I think she just didn't wanna inconvenience the 5 people behind me... just cause some stupid lady came in and deposited a ton of small bills in front of me. A ton! Took the lone teller working up there about 10 minutes to count it. After that, I walk up, she just says "Oh, the vault is closed." I knew it wasn't (You can see the door, and the vault is never closed due to necessary SDB access), but it's not like I had anybody else to appeal to, so I just straight up said "That's bullsh- and I'll be here tomorrow to let your manager know." Turned around, walked out the door. Wasted 15 minutes of my time in that line to be helped, and they can't even give me 5 minutes to run into the vault and get it? Screw them. They're getting it tomorrow.

14. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

5 cwr's of halves... nothing. Picked up 16 ikes 15 of which are real nice. I also picked up a free barber quarter 1898. A local coin shop had a mailer with a coupon on it :)

15. Forkeh

Forkeh New Member

$40 of dimes. Nothing :(

16. Fattony16

Fattony16 New Member

2 boxes of halves

1st box: 1 40%
    2nd box: 9 40%

The head teller forgot to order my boxes last week, so i was pretty pumped about that second box.

17. skistud105

skistud105 New Member

2 boxes of halves

Box 1 : Blanks
    Box 2 : 1 40% & 2 NIFC.

Then was at bank cashing in and the machine broke (still has some of my halves stuck inside). Was also able to convince the teller that two of my halves had morphed into the 2 IKES that were sitting in the PVC reject bin and she gave me them. This is the first I have seen of this bin, although getting to it is tricky to get into with them standing there.

18. robbudo

robbudo Indian Error Collector

Do you all have better luck with customer or bank/Brinks wrapped rolls?

19. Get Some

Get Some New Member

I don't usually go through rolls very often. I don't really know what to look for and it can be a little disheartening when you don't find anything. Anyways, I got some nickels, cents and kennedy 1/2s last week. I found 4 wheat pennies (one 1937 AU-my oldest find yet) and a foreign coin that is worth like $.50 or something. It's neat and has some cool toning even if it is pretty worn. I also found a dime in a penny roll so there's that. I didn't find any silver war nickels only one really nice 1960 something nickel. I didn't find any silver kennedy's either, which ones are 40% silver?

20. stash584

stash584 Junior Member

Skunked on my last 2 boxes of dimes. Silver dimes in the wild here in AZ are becoming very endangered.:(

21. mishra142

mishra142 New Member

Box of dimes last night... skunk. Gonna get another box of dimes today.

Draft saved Draft deleted