Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

What's an angel coin?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Lon - It's just a coin that has an Angel on one side and a bible verse on the back I think. I'll try and get a picture at some point. I think they are often attached to book marks, or other religious items. I'm sure you've seen the guardian angel pins and things like that. I think this is just a coin of the same nature.

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Gotcha. I thought it was a foreign piece or something. Well, hopefully it keeps bringing you luck!
    I love finding interesting stuff in the reject bin. However, the other day I found a bunch of lint and hair, which was disgusting. It looked like somebody emptied their dryer's lint trap into the counter's reject slot.

5. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Ace,
    You have been killing it this week, if your not finding loose halves from teller trays your pullin' silver from the reject trays. I have to search 2k in Quarters to find one and your getting them with no effort! Good job man, I need some coin machines that reject silver around me. Those are some easy scores.
    HOTN

6. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Ace, Philly is all yours. Girlfriend fractured her toe last night and understandably doesnt wanna go now. Sorry. :( Save some silver for me.

7. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

You got it Merc. Hope the lady gets better!

8. Merc Crazy

Box of dimes; 3 silvers. All Roosies. Ace has taken all my dime luck, lol. Finally got around to talking to the Manager of the bank where I pick up my change... he's throwing two boxes of halves in every week for me, nice.

Box of nickels; nothin.

9. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Finished another box of cents. Zippy !

10. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

I finished the box of dimes, bag of dimes ($343.40 total), and box of nickels:

Box of Dimes - Skunk
    Bag of Dimes - 1 x 1964 Rosie
    Box of Nickels:

1 x 1908 'V' Nickel (My first CRHing)
    1 x 1942 War Nickel
    Other:
    1 x 1939
    3 x 1940
    1 x 1941
    2 x 1946
    2 x 1949
    1 x 1948
    2 x 1949
    and 19 total from the 1950's

So all told, 1 Silver Quarter, 3 Silver Dimes, 1 Silver Nickel, and a V Nickel.

Pretty Good Day!

Thanks to my Angel!

11. Merc Crazy

Them nickels get addictive. Watch yourself.

12. Kanderus

Kanderus Active Member

Nothing today for me =( I did trade my 1901-O Morgan to my boss for a Peace dollar so I can get closer to finishing my type set.

13. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

box of dimes, 2 roosies

14. Hellofthenorth

picked up a box of dimes yesterday and scored 1 x 1968 Canadian (50% silver)
    I have seen other 1968 Canadian (not silver) and you can tell just by the look of this thing it's silver, no need to do the magnet test
    First Canadian silver pulled from a box
    HOTN

15. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

Lol, I've fallen into the trap then :D

16. pnightingale

pnightingale Member

My wife works at the City Hall of one of our local beach communities and every Monday takes delivery of about $300 in change from the beachfront parking meters. She is pretty good at picking out interesting coins while counting and rolling the takings but doesn't have time to do more than a superficial search. Largely as a result or reading this post I gave her $200 to exchange for rolls.

I didn't really find anything which would make the time spent worthwhile, 2 1940's and 6 1950's nickels, a nice 1965 quarter, and a few AU 1960's and 1970's coins. No pre 65 silver at all. Still it was interesting searching them. Nickels are the way to go it seems.

17. ScottJS

ScottJS New Member

20 rolls of Jefferson's

-11 pre sixties

- 2 canadian

Gem of the night
    IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0001.jpg

18. Hellofthenorth

Went in to go pick up my halves on my lunch break. The head teller gave me a funny look and said "Oh no, I forgot to order your halves". I was bummed. He apologized and told me he was going to order them right away for Monday delivery. I told him no worries and thanked him for taking care of it for Monday. Thankfully I had half a box of dimes in the car to search and pulled 2 x Roosie.
    HOTN

19. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

Is that a proof? It's hard to see the mintmark but it looks like a D. I actually also just found a BU 1959 nickel in a box as well! I'll post some photos soon.

I just picked up another box of nickels today, along with $80 in CW Dimes... I'll post up if I find anything.

20. WRSiegel

WRSiegel Freshman

I tried a new bank today and got $100 in halves, all of them with big ugly red "X"s across kennedy's face :(

21. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

I've only searched $50 in dimes so far and I've hit 9 Silver Dimes!!!! 7 Roosies and 2 Merc's!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted