Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

Got 2 boxes of halves on Saturday morning, and then had a heck of a time trying to cash them out. I use one dump bank, but several of their locations. Well one branch said they are no longer accepting halves (a lot of people have been dumping there, I was only going there once a week), and then a bunch of other branch's counters were down. So I drove all over saturday morning. Time to add another dump bank to the mix for sure. Also got skunked on the boxes. One more thing, I will keep dumping at the one branch close buy (since they don't want halves they will get everything else and like it...haha).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Good to know. Cause I was about to give up about half way through looking at all the dates. I think maybe one or two a month max. I definitely enjoy the Halves and Dimes the most.

So - I'd say today was a good day for a Sunday!

4. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

That is a lot of nickels! Over 110 boxes if my math is correct! Another 109 and I'll catch you.

5. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

I've got a big head start. :p Two more boxes in the car, too, will have to pick up a couple more tomorrow, if the good number of Buff's keeps up.

My other numbers;

Dimes; $61,125
    Quarters; $11,250
    Halves; $78,440

6. Tyler

Tyler Active Member

Picked up two rolls of halves and found a '67 :)

7. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

Merc what are you averages when it comes to halves and what is your longest dry spell?

8. Merc Crazy

Finished up those two boxes of nickels, about 35 minutes each. TONS of 2011's... 2 war nicks, 1 BU ('62) and about a roll of pre-'60s.
    90%ers; 0.43 per box
    40%ers; 1.99 per box

I've had some decent boxes, but no dream boxes.

9. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

Now how did you search a box in 35 minutes. It takes me almost an hour just to do the tissue test on a box.

10. Merc Crazy

Practice. I've been through 113 boxes now... with nickels, I don't really check many dates, strike characteristics for different generations of nickels narrow down what I have to actually check the date on to about 25% of what comes out of rolls.

11. andyluw12

andyluw12 New Member

Slowly chipping away at those Formative Years extra fingers varieties...my husband got 2 hand rolled rolls at the store tonight with some nice AU dates in the 80s and 90s and a couple good copper 82s as well as this guy.

Attached Files:

12. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Not a big weekend for me, dumped about $750 in the morning then went to cash my check.
    Got $100 in Quarters = SKUNK
    $100 in dimes = SKUNK

HOTN

13. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

So I'm a little late in putting together my totals for CRHing but better late than never. These totals are for 14.5 months

Here are my totals

40% JFKs - 740
    90% (mostly JFKS but a bunch of walkers and benjamins and 1 barber) - 172

Silver IKEs - 1 (out of about 1200)
    Silver dimes - 4 (3 boxes)
    Nickels - 6 war nickels (5 boxes)

14. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

1 40% out of 200$ in halves, plus a 2007 NIFC i didn't bother keeping.

15. Hellofthenorth

Yacorie,

Those are great numbers. I would love to be close to that at my 14.5 month mark.
    HOTN

16. anubis10111

anubis10111 Junior Member

Just one question? If i go to and sell some of my 90% halfs at one of the local coin shops, do they purchase and pay for each coin or do i have to sell them as two to make a dollar? cause i know for the 40% they pay for each coin. some info will be very helpfull. thanks

17. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Not much time at lunch. Was able to grab $37.50 in loose halves. Found 4 x 40%ers! Having much better luck with the random stops then the boxes. 5 more 40%ers to get my first 100. Wasn't able to get any more boxes tonight. No worries...I need a break today.

18. Hellofthenorth

Picked up a box of dimes on lunch break, searched $130 for a 1964 Roosie and a 2008 Canadian.
    I always ask for halves when I go in there and they told me they save their halves for another guy who comes in. I told them I had some nice ones he might like and they told me to drop them off...lol. I do have some NIFC's that are uncirculated that I will include for him....ha ha ha
    HOTN

19. Hellofthenorth

Nice score Ace, I'm still looking for my first score from loose halves. All the ones I seem to pick up are SKUNK, maybe the tellers are getting to them before me.
    HOTN

20. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Well then, guess I'll just put mine in my dump coins then, I'm not into coins with marks like that.

21. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

I did no roll searching today. However, I searched some of my pocket change and found a 1986D Washington quarter. Now I could have sworn this was a key date. Am I wrong?

Draft saved Draft deleted