Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

I love it when they are truely happy to buy a brand new box of dimes. Feels like we are helping them out.
    HOTN

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hellofthenorth

Mini Road Trip Results
    Took half a day to CRH just because I needed a break from the busy office and wanted to do something fun
    Box 1 Dimes - 3 Roosie - Had this in my car from day before but no time to search it, nice way to start the trip
    $9.50 halves - SKUNK
    Box 2 Dimes - 2 Roosie
    $100 dimes CWR - 1 Mercury 1944 & 1 Roosie
    $100 Quarters - SKUNK
    Box 3 Dimes - 1 Roosie - lots of Canadian
    Box 4 Dimes - SKUNK
    Box 1 Quarters - 1 X 1957 Washington - 1st ever silver Quarter pulled from Circulation

Summary - 8 Silver Dimes (7 Roosie & 1 Merc), 1 Silver Quarter - $1.05 face silver

I have accomplished two first this week with the Washington Q from the wild and my Franklin Half earlier in the week.
    HOTN

4. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Congrats to you HOTN! Good finds as well!

5. Hellofthenorth

Quarters

I was excited to find my first Quarter in a roll yesterday. How many boxes of dimes are searched for every box of Quarters? 100 D boxes to 1 Q box?
    I wonder if more people searched many boxes of quarters would we have better results? Has anyone ever had a good score on a quarter box?
    HOTN

6. vtvick777

vtvick777 Member

Let me guess, you already sold them so you can't take pictures of that once-in-a-lifetime find. No, wait a minute, its you don't know how to take a picture or use the upload feature of this site. Lol, just kidding. Were they 40% or 90%? Seriously, I think we all would like to see pictures of these 13 stacks of silver.

7. WarNickelFinder

WarNickelFinder Active Member

From $250 in dimes ($140 in CWR and $110 in bank-wrapped rolls), I found three silver Roosevelts: 1954, 1961-D, and 1964-D, along with two Canadians and and English 5p coin. Any hunt with more than two silvers found is a great one, in my opinion.

8. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

40%ers or 90%ers? That is the find of a lifetime

9. Hellofthenorth

I totally agree....this is how I figure it.

0 Dimes = Bad/SKUNK
    1 Dime = Fair
    2 Dimes = Good
    3 Dimes = Great
    4 + Dimes = Excellent or any other superlative

HOTN

10. asuphiphi

asuphiphi Active Member

40% and I will take a picture, I still have them all. 262 coins to be exact, 2 loose ones too!

11. asuphiphi

asuphiphi Active Member

ACTUALLY... I still have them, Sleeping with them under my pillow. Kinda lumpy. But I will take a picture of them soon, my iPhone isnt the best and my camera broke. I'm prob going to sell them soon though! So hold your horses.

12. Wow, what a good bank day today. I'm going to the flea market tomorrow, and I needed a bit more spending cash. I decided to dump some of my coins that have been just laying around. I reached into the reject tube, and low and behold, it was filled with coins. In the end, I walked away with 8 silver quarters (1 SLQ), 2 40% JFKs, a full roll of copper cents, a 1918 wheat, a fistful of foreign coins, and about $20 extra from the rest :D I love how people don't check the tube in the reject bins.

13. thatcher164

thatcher164 New Member

Unfortunatly I had a couple of strokes at a very young age and need a cane to get around, no big deal. Anyway when I think of it I always ask for Rolls of halve's
    or customer rolled dimes. Last time I got $50 in dimes. 5 rolls of which I proceeded to drop on the floor of the bank sending them every where, no one offered any
    assistance(typical) but I heard the magic sound of 3 1964 dimes hitting the deck. Talk about landing in clover.

14. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

Just did my 50th box of halves. Pulled my 2nd ever Walking Liberty, i think it's a 1942 it's pretty beat up.

2 '64s, one was a Kennder
    2 '67s
    1 '42 Walker

15. Hellofthenorth

That's a nice box! Do you have a total on how many 40% and 90%'s you've pulled out of those boxes?
    HOTN

16. asuphiphi

asuphiphi Active Member

Headed back to Arizona today... where silver is like finding the temperature outside to be a nice 72.

17. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Found Clashed Die Roosevelt Dimes in Bank Rolls

I have recently found 8 clashed die Roosevelt dimes. Here is one of them. I may be "hooked" on doing a collection of these.;)

Attached Files:

18. Tompkins316

Tompkins316 Member

Probably gonna sound like a REALLY stupid question....but how do you check the reject tube? I dump at a TD and the way the machine is set up I don't know how I'd check it lol. Never tried though.

Also, is it just chance that silver gets in the reject tube/bin? or is there a reason they do cuz I hear a lot of people finding good coins in it.

19. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I don't know for sure, but I think maybe some people forget there is a reject area and don't look, or think the coin was rejected because it was Canadian or some other non-usable coin (in the US). I found a couple rejects, but nothing fantastic. One of the banks I go to has a teller that collects world coins, and I generally don't. The most recent rejects forgotten at my bank's coin machine were two foreign ones, and I gave them to her for her collection. One was Mexican and one was from New Zealand. Costs me little, but she remembers me and it is nice to share.

20. WarNickelFinder

WarNickelFinder Active Member

Twenty-four dollars in rolled and loose halves netted a 2010-P and my first commemorative from circulation, a clad 1993 WWII 50th Anniversary half.

21. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Merc and I posted about the reject tray at TD in great detail about a month ago. I'd say go back to July and start reading the posts. Its in there somewhere. I just don't have time to look for it right now. Let me know if you find it. If not I can repost what I do. Quick answer....make sure you fill a bag...when they pull the machine out you'll see the PVC like pipe with the top half cut out and you can see coin sitting in there if there is any. Otherwise, try and get a few fingers up the slot in the little alcove where the coins drop and sometime you can fish a few out with your fingers. However, I find the majority of coins when I fill the bags and they have to change it. I just reach down and grab whatever is in there. I've had some great luck with this. Also - cash on the weekends...according to the tellers a lot of people come in with loose change to get cashed. That's when you'll have some good luck, but it's all timing and luck.

Fyi - I got a 1964 Rosie this morning when cashing in my dimes from last night. So those 4 boxes in theory netted me 8 Rosies and 1 Merc with the reject find!

:yes:

Draft saved Draft deleted