Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Noobismatist

Noobismatist Junior Member

2 boxes of halvies found 4 40%'ers :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

$25 in BWR dimes skunk
    just a little lunch break hunt to satisfy the urge....it made it worse though and want to tear open the rest of the box.
    I have been having good luck at this bank lately.
    HOTN

4. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Box of halves, 2 40%ers.

5. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

Total skunk in $300 of quarters, dimes, and nickels.

6. WarNickelFinder

WarNickelFinder Active Member

$250 in dimes ($140 Bank-wrapped and $110 CWR) yielded:

*Two silver Roosevelts: 1948-D and 1952.
    *Four Canadians and two 5p coins from England.
    *In one of the customer rolls, there were eight Lincolns, a first for me.

From one lone roll of halves, I found a 1964 Kennedy.

7. vtvick777

vtvick777 Member

Was just reading up on some of the recent pages of posts I have missed. Congrats ACE on your Franklin find, I was hoping for you to find one. You should put a picture of it as your avatar. Inquisitive that is the craziest thing ever about your SD card.
    Went through 2 boxes of halves today. My last 4 boxes only yielded 2 40%, so was not expecting much.
    1st Box : 1 40%, 1 '43 Walking Liberty
    2nd Box : 2 40%, 2 90% 1964s.
    Overall not bad. It was exciting to pull the Walking Liberty. It was funny because I was about 40 rolls into the first box and all I had gotten was 1 40% and I was like, "ok, I'll take a walking liberty about now. 3 rolls later out came a '43-S." Also this is not coin hunting, but my routine is I deposit my $1000 in halves at PNC, withdraw that $1000 and use it to buy my boxes at BAC. The last 2 times I have withdrawn money I have gotten a $20 and a $50 star note. Don't know what I'm going do with them, they are kind of too much money to keep.

8. Merc Crazy

Second box of halves was a skunk as was a box of quarters.

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Stopped by the former favorite bank, which had become someone else's dump bank last time I was by. Six loose halves, one of them a heavily-tarnished 68-D. Just enough to keep me going back.

10. Fattony16

Fattony16 New Member

got a 1964 silver rosie in change today, cant beat that

11. b money

b money New Member

I picked up $200 in halves and I found a '64 and 3 older clad that look like new so I kept those too. Plus the 64 looked in great shape aswell, some dirt around jfk's head and a few very small scratches but overall good shape.

12. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

5 rolls of quarters... nothing
    2 rolls of dimes... nothing
    1 roll of halves... one 2005
    I was going through the 146 ikes I picked up the other day and found two clad proofs and a 1973s.

13. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Yesterday:
    2 banks that I usually get a box from didn't order. :(
    Going to some other banks:
    Box of halves: searched and re-wrapped....Skunk
    $220 of BWR halves: Skunk
    1 CWR: Skunk
    $240 of CWR Dimes: Skunk
    1 box of dimes: 3 silver Roosies :)

14. Noobismatist

Those boxes are absolutely the worst!

15. Manbeast

Manbeast Collector

I found a 1987s proof Lincoln cent in a roll yesterday.

16. Merc Crazy

Halves; skunk, save for a '72-S.

Dimes; skunk.

Stopped by the coin dealer, picked through his dime bucket, pulled an 1888 seated dime, a 1893-O Barber, and a bunch of common coins for a little over melt. Pretty pumped about the 1893-O... while it would probably get a genuine grade, it's still worth a decent amount of money. $20 or so? Also pulled a '57 FBL Franklin, probably a 64.

17. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

I forgot to mention that with my box of dimes from yesterday, I also found 6 2009 P, 1 2009 D, 1 2003 5 Pence coin, and a 2007 S PROOF dime. Kinda cool.

So, today I got another box of dimes......all 2011. I exchange that for another box of dimes....skunk.

Also, found 32 bucks of halves. Skunk.

:(

18. G-man422

G-man422 Member

Purchased 3 boxes of nickles. Went through two boxes so far and found one silver war nickle and a few hole fillers. I'm helping my brother start a Jefferson collection.

19. Noobismatist

Well im a roll searcher addict, ive been to banks every day this week
    Today got a box of halves - 1 40%'er box of dimes 2 silvers 1 1964 and one so dirty I cannot even tell the date.
    I picked up two boxes of nickels ill do tomorrow dont do these too often
    Cant wait for Monday! I have $900 in CWR halves awaiting for pickup :) !!

20. susannyny

susannyny Member

While it's not much to look at, I pull my first Buffalo Nickel from a roll today. It's worn so thin that I have no idea as to the date. With that said, I LOVE it.
    Interestingly, I also pulled a 1938 Jefferson Nickel today (how odd is that ... being that the last year of minting on the Buffalo Nickel was 1938?). Also, not much to look at (it's nearly black), but exciting nevertheless.

Buffalo 1.JPG Buffalo 2.JPG

21. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Thanks VTVick! Congrats on that Liberty. That's a sharp looking coin. I think those and the mercs would be favorite of the Halves and Dimes in just appearance.

Draft saved Draft deleted