Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. SorterX

SorterX New Member

Everyone is making some great finds! I'm kinda jealous... heh Tomorrow, I'll post a double Friday Report to get caught up.

Still not feeling up to snuff, but been working on some pics of all sorts of stuff. I'll be posting them throughout the day(s?) ahead...

To get things started, here's a funky nickel I came across:

spot_nickel_front.jpg

I know it's not anything special, just interested in the oddities... :goofer:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SorterX

SorterX New Member

This is one is in great condition for it's age (I think?):

1929_canada.jpg

Anyone know what this might be worth?

4. Noobismatist

Noobismatist Junior Member

My best day in a long time!!!!!

Picked up two boxes of halves and one bank had $480 in CWR halves that I bought.
    All in all I got 3 1964's and 25 40%'ers :D Best score for me in quite a while
    $220 in dimes skunk

5. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

6. Noobismatist

Nice old Canadian cent!

7. Noobismatist

Searched two boxes of dimes 1st skunk 2nd 1949-D and a 1960 good day :smile
    two more boxes of halves tomorrow!

8. SorterX

SorterX New Member

Here's a little flavor of the Orient:

hk_20.jpg

Found that in a BWR of P's.

9. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

2 boxes of dimes today. Almost skunked...pulled one Silver out.

It was a 1939 Mercury! :hail:

For some reason...I am quite happy and can live with that. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense. I always get totally excited when I get a Merc. Don't get me wrong...I like a bunch of Rosies too, but when it comes to dimes I love those Mercs! This is my 4th so far to date.

10. Manbeast

Manbeast Collector

I have only been searching rolls for about a week and a half and haven't really found any thing special. Gone through about $500 in cent, nickels, dimes, and halfs and only completing sts.

Today i did find a 1974 d double die half.

11. redskins

redskins New Member

box of nickels one buffalo nickel.
    box of pennies 1919 and 36 wheats.

12. Gipper1985

Gipper1985 Junior Member

Three different banks and three boxes of cents and one box of nickels -- all 2011. I don't search much but that is just annoying. It was one of those days where every bank I went into, it was a big production. A teller and a manager at the vault, two keys, like they are launching nuclear missiles or something.

13. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

Awesome score Noobismatist! That's a good haul of 40%ers!

14. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

Oh yeah, I got my first 2 boxes of Dimes for the year. First box was all 2011... :(

But, second box yielded '64 & '53 Rosies! I'll take 'em!

15. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

I did a couple rolls of dimes today and I found a '50. Also on a separate note has anyone heard about the new hundred dollar bill. It is so cool looking. If you haven't seen it go to newmoney .gov

16. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

The launch codes are kept there too.

17. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Box of dimes; skunk. Ugh.

Box of nickels; '65 SMS, '68-D BU, '70-D BU, none FS. Two war nickels, a '45-P and... yes, finally, a '43-D. Only took $10,080 searched to find it.

Two boxes of halves tomorrow, and maybe a box of dimes as well.

18. b money

b money New Member

Searched $35 in halves today and found a vg condition 1996, but still no silver. Also on the downside; The head teller at my local bank basically told me to quit getting all the coins(mostly been dimes) because the bank is too small(town of 1600) for me to be running down their inventory, and they will only order dimes in $1000 and I would have to pick it all up at once. So even though their change counter is behind the counter they are now my dump bank. I just hope my other bank that is one of many banks in a town of 10000 can order me standard boxes. One teller already said she didn't think they could get boxes of halves. It's not looking good....

19. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Box of dimes, 2 roosies.

I checked the SD card and my reader won't read it, it may be broken. I'll try someone elses when I have a chance.

20. Moonshine

Moonshine ....................

Had off of work yesterday and was able to check out 4-5 local banks that I've never been to before. One bank had $7.50 in halves which yielded a Franklin and a 40%er. She said she has a guy that asked her to call him when she gets halves but he never shows up. She had an accent but I think that's what she said. She also had 7 Ikes. I am going to pay her a visit Saturday with a bag of candy and my phone number.

Another bank wouldn't sell me $50 in dimes because I didn't have an account.

21. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

$60 in dimes, skunk
    $120 in Quarters = 1 1964 :)
    Yesterday, I pulled a 2011 proof Nickel from a roll... that was a shocker!

Draft saved Draft deleted