Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. downlow

downlow Collection Collector

I'm doing 1-2 boxes of cents a week. Nothing great in 2 months other than some cool errors.
    a lot more wheats than usual.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

So what is a tellers "tray" ? :smile

4. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

It is where the teller keeps all the denominations of coins, there coin tray.

5. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

4 boxes of halves zero silver. 5 dollars loose halves 1 40%er.

6. Aggiecollector

Aggiecollector Junior Member

Wow!! You are getting almost 10 silver halves a box. That is incredible!! I am jealous lol.

Erin

7. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

First big finds for me during Coin Roll Hunting!

First, a 1967 40% half

[​IMG]

And the one that shocked me the most - a 1919 (it's hard to make out the date, but that's what it looks like to me) Buffalo Nickel!

[​IMG]

These were my first big finds, I'm so excited!

8. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

I think it is a 1919! :SMILE

9. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

Got a box of halves today.

1 Franklin Ender
    1 40%er

10. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

11. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Sure is a 1919 buff, nice one.

I did three boxes of halves today... 2 40%ers in each of the first two, then none in the third. Picked up a box of dimes and nickels, both look contaminated. Also picked up $60 in ikes from that bank, they saved 'em for me. Pulled this out of the envelope stuffed with the Ikes...

[​IMG]

A MS 1922 Peace dollar. Front has some issues, but it's UNC and it cost me a buck. I have a smile that simply won't be wiped off my face any time soon.

12. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

Wow, I am jealous Merc, very nice find!

13. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

Nice find Merc!

14. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Box of halves... 2 nifc's. Lame. Nice on the peace dollar. I found one in a coin folder I bought a couple weeks ago.

15. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

Wow.......In the folder.......?

16. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

I've picked up over a thousand ikes, and that's the first silver dollar I've found.

Heavily contaminated box of dimes had a single silver in it.

17. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Yes... I bought a lot of 23 "empty" folders and albums and found a peace dollar in one.

18. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

......wow........lucky..nice find!

19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Heh, well, thanks. But I suppose those numbers are misleading a bit. It's 17 boxes worth of halves, but I count rolls, and don't separate between CWR and BWR. So, even though its 17 boxes worth, many of the 40%ers (near 80) were found in two very nice groups of CWR. Got $150ish and found 38, and another $100 or $200 and found another 40 40%ers.
    But anyway, I'm still very happy! Actually found a 90%er and 6 40%ers in a box today, so that brings the totals up some.

20. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Just gave it its own thread but got a full roll of silver dimes today from the bank via my place of employment. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

21. SorterX

SorterX New Member

Friday Report

BWR H's: 250 rolls -> 5 x 40%, 44 x NIFC
    Box 1: 1 x 40%; 3 x NIFC
    Box 2: 1 x NIFC; skunk*
    Box 3: 3 x 40%; 16 x NIFC, incl. 2 x 1987 NIFC; 2008-S "Challenger" Commemorative
    Box 4: 1 x 40%; 14 x NIFC; 1986-S "Nation of Immigrants" Commemorative
    Box 5: 10 x NIFC; skunk*​
    BWR D's: 50 rolls -> skunk
    BWR P's: 25 rolls -> 7 rolls Cu P's; 5 wheaties

* Is it a skunk if there's no silver in the box? Discuss... :devil:

Still have a box of H's from my Monday pick up; just went to my favorite bank, and the vault manager was out on Wednesday - order was not placed, so no H's or D's for the weekend. Luckily, I did get a box of N's and a box of P's while I was out dumping today. Without the convenience of in-bank coin machines in this area, getting rid of the coin is becoming the harder part of this "hobby". :rolleyes:

I've been trying out some different strategies, but I would welcome suggestions from anyone else having the same issues...

As I said earlier, The Wife's friend manages our nearest BoA branch, and I cleared it with her for ordering 4 boxes of H's a week. Went on Monday to pick up - they had the four boxes, but she informed me that there would no longer be a standing order. Wholly separate from my order, she was informed that there has been an "issue" with people ordering H's at BoA. Not just that bank, and not just in the local area. BoA corporate is not liking it. She said I could get a box or two a month, but no standing orders. Yes, I confess to being guilty of gluttonous box consumption, and I am now reaping the punishment. :eek:

Since I currently don't have a car, a couple of boxes a week is good for now. I'm going to open a $50 savings account at our little local community bank, and check into ordering boxes from them... And, again, without a car, any serious loose hunting is kinda out of the question. I think we're going to check out cars on Monday...

BTW, my YTD totals (66 days) are listed in my signature.

OK Time for some homebrew and some H's... Everyone have a great weekend with a safe and sane Independence Day!

Draft saved Draft deleted