Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Blueindian65

Blueindian65 Member

Ltrain: Thats a good point. Next time this happens I am going to ask to speak to a manager

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

I hear you. I go to about 6 branches in my roll searching process, and at one of them the tellers act like I am inconveniencing them. I have the same take as you, their job is to give my money, and I pay them for that privilege. I deal with it by generally avoiding the one branch and using the others, just not worth the hassle of dealing with it. But feel free to complain, it's there job to give you money and they should not act like it's a big deal.

4. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

So I filled an early date in my lincoln cent book from the last box of pennies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was shocked and very happy to find it, it made my night!!!! Any guess on grade?

5. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

OOOOoooh that's a sweetheart of a cent. Great find.

6. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

You found that in a roll????????????????????????????????????????

Wow. That's the kind of stuff that keeps us all searching. CONGRATS

I opened a 2nd box of halves yesterday and found nothing in it. Still happy about that first box though

7. G-man422

G-man422 Member

Beef, that's a beauty of a 1909 V.D.B. Nice find.

Picked up 4 boxes of halves and plan on searching them this week.

8. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

That things in great shape. Far better than my own VDB find from change a few days back.

9. financeman

financeman Lincoln Cent Connoisseur

Great find for a roll search. That is why I keep looking. You never ever know what you will find

10. Blueindian65

Blueindian65 Member

Idk a grade, but for being in circulation for over a 100 years that coin is in pretty good shape. Nice find

11. Aggiecollector

Aggiecollector Junior Member

Weird Box

Weird box today. I picked up a weird Brinks box today. It was sealed like normal. Opened it up and all the rolls looked normal. I noticed silver on the end of a roll so I opened it up. In order on the end: 1964, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968. Then as I opened the other 49 rolls. Every roll was marked and every coin in each roll was marked. SO obviously someone had searched all the coins and re-rolled them in Brinks rolls and sealed the ends back like normal. I hate that but why would they put 6 silver halves back in a roll after doing all of that?

Bob, found any like that?

Erin

12. Prospector

Prospector Member

1957 Wheat

Here's the wheat I found in rolls that weighs 3.3 grams and has some strange tone and markings on the reverse.

Attached Files:

13. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

4 boxes of halves yielded 1 40% and 2 64's. 130 in customer wrapped halves zero. When I opened the third box I opened the center roll first and to my fancy I found a 64. I imagined the treasure that might be in the rest of the box but that was it......o-well better then nothing.

14. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

No, but hey, you got 6 nice coins which is above average for a box, especially with 2 90%ers, so smile and move on. :)

You gotta think it was a mistake to put those 6 back if EVERY other coin was marked........I agree, very weird.

15. lincolnhoardr

lincolnhoardr Coin Hoarder

Strange Erin but its awesome that they left those silver halves in the box for you to get!
    I searched 2 boxes of halves today first one was blah second one I found 2 1964's 8 %40's and these nice proofs :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Debwests

Debwests Junior Member

I found this in a roll recently, would this 1963-D lincoln be considered a "Woodie"?

Attached Files:

17. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

No clue, but those proofs give me a woodie.

Beautiful coins.

Oh, also, nice couch. ;)

18. Debwests

Debwests Junior Member

That's the best lighting, lol!:mouth:

19. JJK78

JJK78 Member

I went to the bank today and got my normal box of pennies and nickles to search through for the weekend and scored a box of 2010 Shield pennies! YAY! Now to crack open that box of Nickles...

20. EGS

EGS Junior Member

Did some banking today. Needed coins for train parking. Anyway, asked the teller if she had any half dollars and she said she did, $60 worth. I took two rolls and left to go to the post office and dentist. Before going into the dentist I unrolled the coins and found I had 1 64 and about 15 65-70's. So after the dentist I booked it back to the bank and got the other rolls. The count for the 6 rolls: 1-64, 1-73S proof, and 78-65-70's. Not bad for a lark!

21. Grimster

Grimster Junior Member

searched 2 boxes of nickels. lots of pre-1960s, around 50. Found a 1950, but not a D. found 3 war nickels, filled one hole with those. 3 buffalo nickels! a 1927, 1917!! and a dateless.

Draft saved Draft deleted