Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

I am SO BUMMED!!!!

All three of the banks that order half dollars for me struck out. No box of halves for me to search this weekend.

So, I went to about 6 banks and found a couple of rolls, 6 or 8 bucks of loose ones. Nothin. Then, another bank and the teller next to mine said that she had eight bucks. My eyes lit up when I saw them, and my ears perked up when I hear them.

All 40%ers......16 total :D
    1 65
    2 66
    2 67
    4 68
    7 69 including 3 AU+

I also got 20 bucks worth of nickels and found
    1 58
    1 40
    1 44d SILVER nickel :D
    1 no date Buffalo nickel. :)

My finds made up for not having any boxes this weekend, but I'm still bummed as I love going through boxes....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. acodym

acodym Junior Member

nice find bobeth!! :D

4. lumberman

lumberman Member

Found several 50's and 60's out of the 10 rolls I got today..only been through 4 of 10..never know whats lurking inside those others
    Warren

5. Wheaties fan

Wheaties fan Junior Member

asked wife for a few rolls of pennys and [​IMG]she brings me dimes..

6. cphine

cphine Junior Member

Some awesome finds guys!
    I hit a territory today that obviously is already taken by another roll searcher. He/She is kind enough to put large X's on previously searched rolls, so I don't take them anymore. I suppose the wrapper could be reused since the search that took out the goodies, but I doubt it.
    In my month of half dollar roll hunting I'm up to the following:
    154 40%ers
    8 1964 Kennedy
    5 Franklin
    9 Walker
    1 US mint wrapped 2001p
    1 rolls worth of 2009 p (out of wrapper, but great condition)
    1 OBW roll of Martin Van Buren dollars...not halfs, but I saw it in the drawer and asked...
    1 each '76, '83, '92, '06 proofs
    Oh, and my English 10 pence piece. :)

I'm also now just seven coins away from a complete set. (excluding proofs, though I have the few I mentioned) I can't seem to get a 1987 to save my life...and then there's the 2002+'s. Keep on searching I suppose!

7. sodbuster

sodbuster Junior Member

Went through $100 in nickels - not a box, but customer wrapped rolls

Found the following

39, 40, 40s, 41s, 3x46, 49, six coins from the 1950s; four pesos, one Somali 5 Schillings and some coin with Arabic writing that I cannot identify.

More interesting than your usual Canadians.

Kirsten was happy, she filled two more spots in her album; she lacks about 20 coins ranging from 38 through 57.

-David

8. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

All in all a pretty sweet day of searchin: 1 box of Halves 2 40%ers that included a 1976 Bi 40%. Then at lunch I picked up 180.00 worth of customer rolled halves. Four of the rolls had this written on them. 1966-67, 1968-69, 1964-1965-66-58-60 and 1964 Kennedy 16 BU. So whoever wrote that on these rolls were true to their word. I about shat myself.... The BU Kennedys are so prestine they look like they were minted yesterday. All the other rolls were riddled with 40%ers and Franklins. Two rolls were BU 2001 P&D. All together I fetched 73 40%ers, 17 64s and 7 Franklins. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. sodbuster

sodbuster Junior Member

Wow, lucky snag Gypsy.

I seem to find more silver Kennedys from customer wrapped rolls, but I never find Franklins or Walking Liberties there. Those have all come from machine rolled boxes.

10. traumafindr

traumafindr The Seeker of Lincoln

Some people have all the Luck!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats cannot even find one roll of halves within a 20 mile radius here.........

11. cphine

cphine Junior Member

Darn Gypsy, that's about the dream, isn't it?!

12. lumberman

lumberman Member

wow..that is a great find..

13. Kent

Kent Junior Member

No bank in town will take rolled coins they have to be loose. Then there is at least 1 teller at each bank that keeps silver. I went to bank out of town when on a Dr. visit and asked them for halves they said we have a man who pichs them up on Fridays always has and we save them for him. Oh well I probably didn't need them anyway.

14. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

I swear I'm gonna move to Florida for a year just to get the finds that Gypsy gets. Wow......again.

Congrats.

15. acodym

acodym Junior Member

Every time I get pennies I always ask if they have any half dollars. Sometimes the look sometimes the just say we never get them! I want some halves to search through! lol

16. lincolnhoardr

lincolnhoardr Coin Hoarder

2 boxes of halves I found 3 %40 silver 1 1964 and a 1979-S proof

17. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Just started a thread on this unbelievable find.

1836 Capped bust dime in a bank roll of cents...

18. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

Saw that, wow man, very very very nice!!!!:thumb::yawn:

19. Kent

Kent Junior Member

Has anyone ever had bank order Ike's? Telle said Friday if I wanted her to she would order me a bag they would be $1000 and she never wanted to see them again. Do you think it would be worth searching?

20. sodbuster

sodbuster Junior Member

I'd order the Ikes, man. Never know when you might get a random Peace or Morgan in there. No one has ever even offered that to me. Every time I go in to ask for halves, I also ask for Ikes and have only ever gotten two, although one was a silver clad '76s.

My finds today:

$80 in halves searched, some loose some in rolls:

2 x 64d
    24 x 40%

All the silver coins but one came from two rolls, where the teller told me, "There are three hundred dollars more in half rolls from the same customer, but they are in the vault and we don't open the vault on Saturday. Come back on Monday." I told her I wanted them all and she took my name down (this was before I even knew that there were so many silvers in there). I'm going to hit that bank up at about 9:01am on Monday, if I can escape work then.

-David

21. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

I wish I could order some big $s lol

Draft saved Draft deleted