Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. donwonbob

donwonbob Member

Your acting at the beginning like you got nothing. Im lucky to get 5 wars a week going through 10 boxes of nickels. And your pulling all that in 2 days lol. Wish I had that luck.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

4. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

5. donwonbob

donwonbob Member

Yeah I saw that last week. Almost made me start trying dimes. But the likely hood of that happening is slim. Plus I know at least 3 people around this town that dime search and zero who nickel search. I think nickels were my calling lol.

6. DonovanN

DonovanN New Member

That was insane. Especially the "gold dime" lol... WOW!!!

7. donwonbob

donwonbob Member

Tomorrow Im getting last box of halfs from BOA, box of dimes, and at least 4 boxes of nickels. Hopefully the halfs and dimes come through. I know thenickels will be ok, just really need this last box to count. Make April a goodmonth lol.

8. CTRollHunter

CTRollHunter Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong...it's good luck. I only searched one box of pennies and got 25 wheats plus the Indian. And any day with a Merc is super! But I was hoping for more halves. I usually do better...one teller had 6 old rolls marked with the dates.. all 1972 or 1972!

9. BCArthur

BCArthur Active Member

Box #61 of Halves: 1-40%, 1 Bennie
    Box #62 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #63 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #64 of Halves: 3-40%
    Box #65 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #66 of Halves: 1-40%
    Box #67 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #68 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #69 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #70 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #71 of Halves: 1-40%
    Box #72 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #73 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #74 of Halves: Skunk

My 20-box moving average has just hit a low of 8 coins. Ugh.

March Totals: $37,000 searched
    64-40%, 16-90% and 5 dimes
    15 oz of silver is my second month ever! Too bad I had to search 50% more boxes then last month! This is getting Tough! April better bring the coins out to pay the tax bill.

10. CTRollHunter

Will this encourage or discourage you?

Keep at it! A friend just did his FIRST EVER box of halves...and got 16 bens and walkers...they are still out there...

11. BCArthur

BCArthur Active Member

WHOO HOOOO! 1800 pages of Roll-searchers posts! Congrats everyone!

Longest Skunk Streak is 8 boxes about 40 boxes or so ago. But I've been tracking a 20 box moving average, and that number is currently at a record low of 8 coins. It had been at 87 about mid-Feb. Based on silver content, those 20 box averages are 1.6oz with the high at 17.5oz

12. bigfattchub

bigfattchub Aspiring Numismatist

$10 CWR Halves: No silver but '87-P (right out of the mint set!)

13. Clutchy

Clutchy Well-Known Member

I cant understand why so many proof and mint set nickels are found in rolls. Did the mint make too many of them and just release them in business strike bags ?

14. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

Most of them are found because people get proof sets as a gift, don't know a thing about them, and take the $1.91 instead. This has always been my belief, anyways.

15. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

To the non-collector, this is always the case.

16. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

$75 face Dunbar penny boxes yielded:

1972 DDO #7
    3x 1969-D no FG initials
    Nice 1960-D LD RPM
    27 wheats
    12 canadian

and a whole whopping $14.28 in copper, these Dunbar boxes are bunk!

17. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Not really a coin roll search - but I went and made a deposit at my bank today and the teller, named Penny :), called me over to her window and said she had some stuff to sell - she had gotten 1965 and 1969 dated halves in a deposit earlier this morning. My daughter was then counting out her $1 bills to make a deposit and I eyed a blue seal, a 1957-A SC - apparently she got it in an easter egg at Grandma's house yesterday.

Went to the grocery store a bit later and checked the coin machine - found 85c in Canadian coins.

18. CTRollHunter

My goal is always silver, silver, and more silver...but I really enjoy finding the older coins, too! Today I did two boxes of dimes and got two silver Roosevelts and a 1945 Merc. A single box of nickels held a 1944-P war nickel and a 1906 V nickel in nice shape.

Add two 1964 Kennedy halves and 4 40%ers and it was a great day! Actually, that makes 2 Mercs, a V nickel and an Indian head penny my last two days collecting...pretty cool!

2013-04-01.jpg

19. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

$400 in Dimes - 4 1964-D SILVER
    $100 in Nickels, 1 1939, 15 40s, 1 1943-S SILVER, 1 1944-P SILVER, 21 50s

Working on $65 in cents right now, taking a break and washed my paws.

With the two 40%'ers from this morning 8 silver in a day.

20. lotusboyrulz

lotusboyrulz Member

box of halves nothing.

21. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 Nothing

If you start saving bicentennial halves you'll have thousands. I find whole rolls of them and they are as numerous as 1964 nickels.

Draft saved Draft deleted