Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. BCArthur

BCArthur Active Member

Box #13 of Halves: 1-40%, 1 Bennie (It was an ender!)
    Box #14 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #15 of Halves: Bicentennial Silver Proof!
    Box #16 of Halves: 1-40%
    Box #17 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #18 of Halves: 1-40%
    Box #19 of Halves: 2-40%
    Box #20 of Halves: 1-90% (Another Ender)
    Box #21 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #22 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #23 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #24 of Halves: Skunk

My 20-box moving average has been steadily declining from a high of 87 coins in Mid-Feb to a current 22. Ugh.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Box of halves - skunk
    $100 Nickels - a nice handful of toned BU '56 & 56D (as well as a few BU 59s), but nothing else interesting.
    2 boxes + $40 of dimes - 2 roosies
    also got 2 roosies from a teller at the dump bank.

4. papermoney54

papermoney54 Coin Collector

did you snap pictures of the enders and post it in the end roll finds thread?

5. Moto450

Moto450 Member

Well I stopped by My bank today that I buy half's from, I was suppose to get in an order Friday but Loomis back ordered them on me so I hope they come in Tomorrow.

But the good news is I asked the tellers that i deal with if they by chance have any half's today and she says let me look. She had $14.50 in unrolled and $40 in Rolled I said I will take them. When she grabbed the loose ones out of her tray I could see what looked to be a 64 Kennedy and without letting her know it was silver as the tellers here at this branch do not know what to look for or collect, I said I will take all the loose ones and the rolled. I found a 65 in the rolled and a 64 in the loose she had, not a bad day for Silver.

1-64
    1-65

6. Clutchy

Clutchy Well-Known Member

I started a thread yesterday in the Coin Chat section titled My First Coin Show, but to list what I have:
    Wheats
    1922d vf
    1927 unc. nice toning
    1929s
    1937s
    1932d
    1927s
    1939s
    2 - 1968s BU
    55%+ offset zinc cent (no date)
    planchet with no rim on it

7. archertiger3

archertiger3 Member

how much did you get the 1968s for?

8. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

From the bag of dimes that I got last weekend, I dumped all the clads today. I doubt if I will get a bag of dimes ever again. Even though I pulled 6 rosies from the bag, my total after dumping the $1000 bag was $952.30. :( I was cheated by $47 somehow (either a short bag or bad counting machine). I lost about $47 in the deal. I can't lose that much money every time I get a bag. Oh well...it was fun.

9. bigstoff

bigstoff Active Member

Box of halfs skunked
    7.50 teller 1,66

10. donwonbob

donwonbob Member

Box of nickels, no date buff, 36 buff, 45,45,44,44,43,43. was a nice box. now to work on 125 in pennies that someone dumped at the bank and the tellers almost begged me to take. Also while waiting in line an older man came in and was asking the tellers to order halfs for him. If your on here Merle, thats my turf.. stay out.. jk.

11. bigstoff

bigstoff Active Member

2013-03-11 20.37.44.jpg My wife got me this half and i'm going to eat it

12. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

$284 bag of halves... nothing
    5 cwr of halves... nothing
    Last stop of the day. $10.50 in the teller tray... 13 40% (all '67). Works for me.
    Also picked up a red seal $2.

13. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

I found these recently in boxes of coins. I'm not an error expert but before I throw these back, I wanted to get some opinions:

Dateless "IBERTY" Jefferson Nickel. PMD???
    Image29.jpg

200? Jefferson Nickel. Note the wear on "We Trust" and "Liberty". Struck through grease? PMD?
    Image31.jpg

1971D Kennedy Half. Possible Lowball?
    Image37.jpg Image38.jpg

Thanks and happy hunting!

14. indyronnie

indyronnie New Member

Dude I have the same kinda keychain the half

15. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

$60 BWR nickels - a barely dateless Buffalo (but looks like a 21, so time for a vingear soak), 42, 44-P, 46-D, 47-D, 48-D & 59

16. SilverevliS

SilverevliS New Member

Box of BWR nickels today... 1x 30's, 12x 40's, 10x 50's including one silver bullet (1945 P) and I filled a few more folder holes. Is anyone else finding 2013 Jeffersons? (3 or 4 in this box)

17. CTRollHunter

CTRollHunter Well-Known Member

March 11, 2013

Found a 1964 half, 5 part silver halves and 8 silver dimes (all Roosevelts). I was hoping for a Merc...I will keep my fingers crossed for next time!

2013-03-11.jpg

18. clorox

clorox Member

$400 BWR halves: Two 40%, one '64

Tabor, those nickels look like grease-filled dies to me. The half isn't worn down too much. One indicator of a lower-grade Kennedy is how much of the earlobe is still visible.

19. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Did a box of dimes with the kids before bed....my son and I got sknked...My daughter however found 2 64's.
    2Dime.jpg
    Got a box of pennies to go through looking for wheats....post results later.

20. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Box of dimes - skunk

21. Moto450

Moto450 Member

I had a box of Dimes over the weekend and got a Big Skunk.

Today My 2 boxes half's are suppose to be in, lets hope they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted