Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Picked up the 40 ikes that I didn't have the cash for yesterday. Found out that I may be able to by bags of halves off of their counter. They have one in the back. I didn't know they had one. Almost zero banks in this area have counters. I don't have an account at this bank but may soon if I can buy bags. We'll see what happens.

10 bwr of halves... nothing
    4 cwr of halves... nothing

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. donwonbob

donwonbob Member

i pull 59 and lower for nickels to trade or sell with people who collect such things i pull wheats for later sells pull wars for myself and copper for myself

4. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

$80 CWR Dimes 54, 56 62. That's 5 in the last 2 days from $100 in CWR. Went back to where I got the 2 yesterday and pulled 3 more. Going to get the rest of their CWR tomorrow.
    $20 CWR Nickels - Nothing

5. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

Good vibes being sent your way Rocky...

6. SilverevliS

SilverevliS New Member

I went to the bank today to pick up some nickels and an older guy in front of me had just dropped off some rolls (pennies, nickels and dimes). They were still on the counter in front of me when I walked up, so I asked for $40 in nickels and if she could include those on the counter. There was nothing in the BWR but 2 wars from the rolls he just dropped off! I should have picked up the dimes as well :dismay:

7. g1rge

g1rge Member

If it's in magic marker, just give it a dip in acetone

8. Beef11

Beef11 New Member

Found a few war nickels this week a bunch of copper cents and few wheaties. Got six boxes of halves today first was a skunk and four of them are 2001d so one box left. Anyway you look at it is rough.

9. lotusboyrulz

lotusboyrulz Member

$120 in CWR dimes = 1 1943 canadian dime 80%. :(

10. SilverevliS

SilverevliS New Member

That's rough! I assume you ordered them all from the same branch at the same time. I have yet to get a box of halves with all the same year.

11. Big-Greek

Big-Greek Active Member

Just hang in there Beef....they'll show up

12. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

I love the swiss 1/2 francs!!

13. BCArthur

BCArthur Active Member

Box #8 of Halves: 2-40%, 1-90%
    Box #9 of Halves: 2-40%, 1-90%
    Box #10 of Halves: Skunk

14. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

Not much doin lately...

$8 loose - one 40%er
    $250 BWR halves - dirty dumps!
    $22.50 loose - skunk

15. bigstoff

bigstoff Active Member

2013-03-07 13.07.58.jpg 2013-03-07 13.07.42.jpg 2013-03-07 13.07.17.jpg Box of halfs 3/66,68,69
    And I need info on this one 1984

16. jlaramie

jlaramie New Member

Halves:
    Box #1 - Proof-1
    Box #2 - 40%-1
    Box #3 - Skunked

17. jlaramie

jlaramie New Member

Interesting find bigstoff...I am sure you did your own search, but Napoleon iii Emperor and I am assuming you meant 1854. From doing a google search of my own, someone had this to say...

"Question
    My question involves the worth of a worn coin from 1854 which is a half dollar sized coin "Napoleon III Emperur". On the back is an eagle similiar to our old half dollar and the printed value is that of Dix Centimes. Back of the coin is worn and the front is in reasonably good shape with a scratch or two and or a small dent. Is there a value to this coin?

Thank you for taking the time to answer

Bob"

"Answer
    Hi Robert. The centime was a 100th of a Franc at the time. About 60 million of them were minted in 1854. Even in very good condition I am afraid they have minimal value. Your coin has no value other than that you own a piece of history of over 150 years old. Scratches and dents devalue any coin, especially very common ones.
    Sorry about that.

best wishes

barry"

18. bigstoff

bigstoff Active Member

thanks Barry i appreciated. I thought it was a cool Coin though

19. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

Box of Halves: Skunk

Also, went to pick up my first bag of dimes today...I found out that I missed the Brinks delivery truck by 10 mins. All of the bags were gone. :( Note to self: Go get bags before Thursday mornings. Still, I'm excited that they'll let me purchase bags from them.

20. indyronnie

indyronnie New Member

Hey if you ever want to sell that coin ill buy it from you, I love foreign coins

21. bigstoff

bigstoff Active Member

what's it worth to you. I have no idea

Draft saved Draft deleted