Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Club128

Club128 Member

After a fairly good run of consistent silver in halves boxes (roughly two per box for the last 5 boxes), including my first two Walkers ('43 and '46), I got skunked today on two boxes. However, I came across a few "oddities" that I haven't seen before and would like to query the collective wisdom of this forum to determine if there is anything interesting here. The first is a 1989 that looks relatively clean, except for a smudge on the obverse, upper right and running diagonally. The interesting thing is both the obverse and the reverse look to have a matte-type finish. Also, on the obverse, the "We Trust" looks smeared. Is this the result of a really worn die or something else?
    20130220_Matte_Half.jpg

The second is a bit less interesting but, given that I pay careful attention to the reeded edges (for obvious reasons), I haven't seen this before. It appears as if a "groove" is missing (pay no attention to the electrical tape I used to hold the coin on edge). There are actually two spots on this coin where this is the case, almost - though not quite 180 degrees opposite of one another. Anything worth keeping here? Thanks for any input!
    IMG_8790.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

$16 BWR Nickels 4 pre 60's
    $14 CWR Nickels 2 pre 60's
    $20 BWR Dimes Nothing

Good thing I treated myself to some junk silver this week at my LCS. Got 11 Quarters and 20 Dimes. With silver dropping I had to buy a little. I am thinking about buying 2 1/10 AGE or 1 1/4 AGE Friday, but it all depends on how much the premium if for each on what I buy.

4. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

1 box of nickels - 42, 47-S, 48-D, 56, & 59.

5. clorox

clorox Member

Box of dimes: Nothing

6. simpsonfan2

simpsonfan2 New Member

Today's results: $3 Pennies: 45 copper, 1952D, 1954D..........................................$8 Nickles: Skunk...................................$15 Dimes: 2 X 1964D.............$110 Quarters: Skunk....$5 loose half dollars: ALL 1967!!!:D

7. Big-Greek

Big-Greek Active Member

Halves box #8: 1 40% 68 and my first rainbow toned coin.

box of nickels only one dateless Buff

That's an awesome find HOTN...thanks for sharing those pics!

8. cmc86413

cmc86413 Member

Today's results: $10.50 in CWR Pennies, 47d, and a 55d nothing to write home about, but i did pick up a another 43p War Nickel in my change from Panda today.
    IMAG0477.jpg IMAG0478.jpg

Oh and a 79 Canada

9. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 Nothing

What happened to fadetoblack?

10. admrose

admrose Member

Today's search: 32 large dollars, 560 quarters, 1,000 dimes and 960 nickels.

Today's results: 1 Jefferson war nickel ('43-S)

11. Beef11

Beef11 New Member

My first twelve boxes of halves yielded ten 40% pieces and a few proofs. Boxes 13 and half of 14 were 2001 d uncirculated the back half of 14,15,16 yielded 28 40%ers and a proof. Still waiting to get a 90% this year. The last 3 boxes of nickels gave up a couple war nickels. Pennies a lot of copper and a few wheats.

12. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

I just checked, and I think he might have been banned! It says he cannot accept pms or emails, he hasn't posted since the 18th, and hasn't been active since the 19th. What he did, I don't know. I just wish there was a way to communicate with him to find out. :(

13. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

Wow! If Fadetoblack is gone, I will have a hard time staying motivated without seeing his amazing scores.

Box of Nickels last night: 26 pre-1960, one Dateless Buff. No wars. Stupid box.

14. sjlund

sjlund Member

Take a look at his post history. I'm guessing his feud with Morgandude11 did him in this time.

15. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

He will be greatly missed. Maybe it will just be a suspension, like what happened with Detecto?

16. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

17. Mr. Flute

[off-topic]I may be wrong, but I firmly believe FadetoBlack is also Merc Crazy, and I assumed FtB would go the same way as Merc Crazy before too long.[/off-topic]

18. sjlund

sjlund Member

I've never had an issue with Fade/Merc and will miss his contribution to this thread, but I agree with everything above.

19. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

Huh. I never thought about it like that. Merc wasn't a huge half searcher though, was he?

20. Mr. Flute

I, too, never had a problem with him, but some behaviors die hard.

Yes, he was. It only escalated significantly recently.

21. sjlund

sjlund Member

Yeah, he was getting in to it by the time he was banned in June. $10,610 searched according to his June 2012 results thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted