Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. jlaramie

jlaramie New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

4. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

For you Nickel searchers that keep pre 1960 Nickels (obviously not including wars), what do you do with them? I keep them hoping I can turn a few bucks profit on them some day. Do any of you sell them for a premium or are you just keeping them for yourself?

5. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

So I was just saying a couple girls will hold stuff for me every now and again. Well she just was flashing $0.35 that she would not let me buy. I told her I would give her more but since she was "on the clock" she could not do it right then.
    HOTN

6. Hellofthenorth

In other news, she sold me $600 in dimes all CWR except for like 2 rolls. My halves did not come in or they forgot to order them. I'm not really concerned about that because it was prob $1000 in uncirculated 1999 P's like the past 3 pick-ups have been. She also gave me about 100 half dollar wrappers so I can dump on WF later today.

Back to the CWR dimes, I asked why so much and where they came from. Well it seems a local school had a change drive and this is all from them. I found silver in the 2nd and 3rd roll. Then I had a roll with an ender, then a roll with 3 silvers on the end. I'm also getting some foreign, but I'm up to 10 silver Roosies so far out of maybe $250-$300 searched. This is by far my best lot of CWR. She even mentioned kids were prob stealing their parents collection, I think she was right, maybe there is a solid roll in there! Oh, I'm excited, can't wait to finish them off.
    HOTN

7. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Box of halves - '67

8. rockyyaknow

Sounds good so far! With that rate you should have about a half roll. GO back and see if there are quarters with that success rate for the dimes!!

9. Hellofthenorth

EXCELLENT Idea! Why did I not think of that. I'm leaving town tonight I'll have to try and make it over there before I head out.
    HOTN

10. rockyyaknow

Come on you're better than that! Quarters are close to impossible, but when kids get their hands on change the odds go up as you have experienced with those dimes.

11. sjlund

sjlund Member

$500 bag of quarters - skunk.

12. Hellofthenorth

All I was thinking about was the silver dime and quarter she had snagged from her teller tray. Hopefully they have not gotten rid of all of those quarters that got turned in.
    HOTN

13. ed221

ed221 Member

How do you get halves if ur bank don't carry them or won't order any for me. I tried 6 banks and no luck.

14. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

$250 Box of times, zilch, stink stank stunk.

15. rockyyaknow

Got to find a bank that will or just hope some loose halves show up at the banks. Can be tough sometimes. Don't let the grind discourage you!

16. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

I hope ya get a few solid rolls, HOTN. If not solids, then I hope ya stack at least $5 face out of it once you get the quarters. Get the nickels too!

10 boxes today, 6 40%, 1 '64 and 1 Franklin. This sucks, can this week end already? Ugh, 6 more boxes in my car, 8 more to pick up tomorrow...

Bad weeks burn me out fast.

Got some bad news from my biggest Loomis bank today too, they won't let me cash in bags of halves... the business adviser that I talked to claimed roll hunting was illegal... I about flipped my ish on him and he chilled out, but insisted that they would not do business with me.... This was someone the branch manager put me into contact with that worked at corporate.

Then I got some good news... I went to another branch, talked to the manager, and he found another Business adviser who says I should be fine to do it, don't even need a business account, $3 per bag if I use my own bags. Time to start paying to dump half my ish in Loomis instead of Garda... I'll eventually transition to fully dumping on Loomis and not picking up boxes from them... $3 a bag is $60-$75 a week... that's $3k-$3.5k a year to dump but should greatly increase my finds and hopefully allow me to pull down 20oz a week or so... Gonna see if I can't crush my goal of 500oz for the year.

Oh, forgot, I also got a lowball '86-P today too. My birthyear. :) It has some light roller damage on the obverse. Weird lowball, though, the obverse looks FR2 but the reverse looks G8, lol.

17. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Picked up another 330 in SandS rolls from another town...gonna go through them and post. Also ordered a box of halves from another branch...waiting on the call.

18. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Went through my first "official" box of nickels today. I'm not counting the two solid boxes of 12-P's from last week. I pulled a real nice 1950-P, and decent 55-P, and a 1920-P Buff. All three hole fillers :) 2 boxes of pennies for tonite and tomorrow.

19. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

'55 plains are toughies, from my experience. Nice find.

20. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Yeah I've pulled 15 55d's so far and was just figuring it would be another one. Much to my surprise it was a "P". I was hoping it would be a "d" on that 50 but no such luck.

21. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

With over $400 face in Pre-'60 nickels, I have no idea how many I've found of each, but I can tell you that I have only found one BU '55 from rolls... it resides in my dansco. '55-D's, I've got plenty of.

Draft saved Draft deleted