Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Aggiecollector

Aggiecollector Junior Member

Stopped at two banks today. First got a box of dimes that yielded 3 Roosies and 1 1941 Mercury Dime tonight. Also had to go by my credit union to cash a check and one of the tellers had saved a few coins for me:

4 40% Halves
    1 1952 Franklin
    19 Ike's
    1 Morgan Dollar!

Someone had turned in a roll of "big" dollars that had 19 Eisenhowers and the Morgan.

The teller always tries to save stuff for me but it had been a while since I stopped by.

Erin

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. clorox

clorox Member

Nice score on the Morgan, Aggie!

Two boxes of halves: Four 40%, two Franklins. Looks like at least one of my banks is heating up!
    $5 loose halves: Nothing

4. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

The ikes were all silver???

5. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Stop latter in the day. $9.50 in loose halves... 4 40%. Also picked up 23 ikes.

Box of halves... 3 nifc.

6. indyronnie

indyronnie New Member

$200.00 two boxs of nickels
    Pre-1960 13
    3 2009d
    4 canadian and 1 bahama nickel
    20 s mint marks
    2 wars 43s and 44p

$25.00 box of pennies
    14 wheats oldest 1914
    7 canadians
    2 errors both blank canvas

1 loose half 71d hole filler

1 canadian quarter from a teller tray

7. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

HOTN, I hope you are safe, dude. My Older brother recently started working at a bank that has been robbed 3 times now.
    http://www.king5.com/news/Suspect-shot-in-bank-robbery-attempt-in-Stanwood-171213201.html

Be safe. That goes for everybody here.

I also got a bit of money in the paypal waiting to go to the bank, so you might be seeing me a bit more.

8. sjlund

sjlund Member

This is the same boat I'm in. You know, other than that whole 300+ walkers and bennies thing...... I can't dump volumes of halves anywhere, but the few rolls from the teller trays and drawers are not an issue to dispose of. Kids at the fast food drive-thru sure do a double take when you pay $6 in half dollars!

9. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

On average I'm at 1.3 dimes per box of about $30,000 searched last year. I'll have a good box with 3 then a skunk, then 1, 1, 1, 0, 2. Something like that. I've also had a $1750 dime skunks streaks and streaks of $1500 in dimes where I got at least one dime in each box.
    I typically do about 4 boxes a week so I can dump in one bag of $1000. That way no shortages at the coin counting machines. This week I'll do more since I'll be traveling and dumping earlier in the week went well. I searched about 300 boxes of halves and 120 boxes of dimes last year.
    HOTN

10. sjlund

sjlund Member

I came in at 1.27 per $250 out of $64,282.70 searched last year. My streaks are similar, but my end of the year was really good - only one skunk since the middle of November with some 4, 5, and 6 keepers per $250 days. My longest box skunk streak was 3 and my longest no-skunk streak was 17. My best dime score was 22 out of a $290.50 bag from a coin counter.

11. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Nice to see you here, Erin.

$200 dimes - 43D Merc

Also a '48 dime & '64 quarter that a teller was holding for me.

12. Hellofthenorth

That is great a teller holding silver for you.
    HOTN

13. BCArthur

BCArthur Active Member

Box #1 of Dimes: 1 x roosie
    Box #2 of Dimes: 4 x roosies!

My best source bank just said they'd order halves boxes for me without charging me to do it! They must have missed me.
    I've got 8 boxes of halves coming in over the next two days.
    Hope I get my 'Dream box' too.

14. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Just picked up 300 in S&S halves...going through them now

15. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Well...that $300 is a skunk

16. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

It does help to be friendly with them and bring them goodies. I guess that is why the couple of banks I bank with that are supposed to charge 5% for all rolled coin sells them to me without charging me the fee. Today one box of dimes and turned up nothing save a British 5p coin from 1992. Box of nickels lots of the usual 40-50s garbage and one 1919 Buffer. The Buffer was in the very last roll in the box.

17. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

First ever end roll find today. 1934 buffalo nickel :hail:

18. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

I do nicks most the time but decided to take a shot at halves. Asked my bank for all the halves off the coin sorting machine. got $718.50 of which $686.00 were actually halves. Got 5 Mexican 10 peso, 2 Canadian $2 dollar, also Australian and 3 other countries, a 1936 British large cent (worth about $10 US) along with other odds and ends and 22 bent US coins. 3 of the halves were unc. years. Silver... 3 90% and 26 40%. Not bad. Deninately an adventure.

19. Hellofthenorth

I bring goodies to some banks, but I go to so many I'd be broke if I was handing out treats all the time. A couple girls in particular hold something for me every now and again or they tell me they got halves and offer them up for me. The couple times they have done this I have found silver.
    HOTN

20. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

$130 CWR/BWR nickels (keepers) - 40-D 42x2, 48-D, 51, 51-D, 52-D, 53, 53-D (AU), 53-S, & 57

21. BLACKTALON

BLACKTALON Member

why keep the 2009 D?

Draft saved Draft deleted