Post your star finds to date

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by tbudwiser, Oct 18, 2011.

1. jlg1130

jlg1130 New Member

Thanks for the input, Travis. I decided to keep this note. I had an '04A San Fran $10 star, that was slightly more circulated than this one, and I spent it, which I kind of regret.
    So, I see this note as a second chance. Lol.

Plus it's a Boston note, and, since that's my hometown, I have a soft spot for Boston notes. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

I live not far from Frisco so it would have been the same for me for the SF note. I am looking out for a GL* $10. They are a little more common with more print runs but I usually want one example from every FRB for star notes. Right now I have all but GL* lol. GA*, GB*, and GG*.

4. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

I was just counting my Star Notes for the heck of it. I have 76 640K 3 608K 14 320K plus some 2's 5's 20's and a couple of 100's and another 100+ common stars I don't anything about paper collecting except what I read on here so I don't have any idea of the value I just know there are less stars than regular issues. I also read an article about grading paper money on EBay written by a CT member I believe his name is TooManyEagles that was very helpful although I would like to see pictures with the grades. I have some new stars in sequential order as well. In y'alls opinion do you think I have anything that might bring a premium on EBay if I were to decide to go that route? Thanks for reading Kent

5. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Hhhhmmmm.... I've never heard of any 608k runs.... Usually its 3200000, 1280000, 640000, 512000, or 320,000. Sometimes (usually in older series) you will also 128000 runs.

6. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

2003A series C *, I believe they were 608,000

7. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Wow that's like the first 608k run I've ever heard of. If you scroll all the way down on the $1 star production tables on mycurrencycollection.com, you won't find any other 608k runs besides that particular one for Series 2003A C*. Is that where you get your information? It could just be a typo because I've seriously never heard of any 608k star runs.

8. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

You can hear of lower runs from older series that don't match up to the more heard of runs of 320K, 640K, 3.2mill, etc. Look at 2004A F $10 for instance. It only has a run of 9,600. 2003 A $10 has 416,000. (FYI, I'm still looking for these notes!)

9. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

I didn't know they made 2003A $10's? Oh, you meant 2004A. I do know that a lot of the older series have lots of smaller runs compared to more recent star runs, we just have a few larger runs. I have seen 9600 but I never noticed any 608's. Plus, now that I am pay attention more to other runs of stars versus just looking at my own, I notice lots of different odd numbered runs. This now gives me the goal of collecting those odd numbered runs.

10. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/ This is the site I got my info from I don't know if it is a typo or not I am new to paper money collecting and stars are the only thing I save right now. If I read this in error please help me find out the correct info. Thanks Kent

11. baubry

baubry New Member

How did you manage that? :eek: Did you ask them to save them for you?

12. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Maybe he got a 100 pack along with 8 others?

13. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

Yes I know several tellers and they save stars if they run across them. Unfortunately they don't save me any silver or red seals or anything like that, but they will let me buy bags off the coin counter if I'm handy and they pull them some just seal them and get them ready for shipment so I don't get to buy them often.

14. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Kent,

Most of my banks (exclufing my one favorite where I am most friends with the whole bank) will save me anything and everything I ask them to save for me but S.C.'s or USN's.

15. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

Picture.jpg

I found this star at work not too long ago. It is my oldest star find from circulation.

Derek

16. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Nice find! How did you get it?

17. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Circulation finds........

[​IMG]

18. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

Travis,

I found my $10 star at work. Someone used it to pay for their order. I first only notice the small face. I was happy then I noticed the star and I was very happy. Almost forgot to give him his change. lol

Derek

19. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

@Steve, How long ago did you get the '01 $10 *? I have one CHCU Cleveland example in which I purchased a while back.

@ Derek, That sure is a nice catch! Surely luck, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if that note came directly out of someones personal collection...

20. baubry

baubry New Member

Managed to find another 5* with a low serial number! (Previous find is on top, new is on bottom)

Slightly more circulated than the last. A corner fold, but still in pretty good condition. My collection is almost at $100 (face value).

Attached Files:

21. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Nice! Working your way slowly is key! I started 3 years ago and my collection face value $4,068... Before you know it, you'll be there too!

-tbud

Draft saved Draft deleted