Post your Barber Images

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Elbesaar, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  2. Great new coins, Yacorie! :cool:

3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Ah, here's the thread I was looking for. :)

1901s-obv-better.jpg 1901s-rev-better.jpg

I've run it by three dealers. One, a bit on the young and possibly inexperienced side, said "XF all day long"; one, who specializes in Barbers, said "strong VF, not quite enough detail in the wingtips"; the third studied it for a long time, and said "I don't think it'll grade because of the pitting on the cheek".

I don't know what to make of Liberty's skin condition, but I'm reassured that nobody thought it was cleaned. After studying a lot of grading references, I'm thinking it's got VF30-VF35 details, but after looking at quite a few photos of slabbed coins, I wonder if it would get a key-date bump to XF40. Or, of course, a details grade...

x115 likes this.
  4. jeff, no doubt in my mind it would be a details grade. With that said, it would almost on any day of the week get an XF grade in original condition. The XF grade used to mean complete top feathers, but gradeflation has since ruled that out.

But, it has had environmental damage that has been removed along with the scratches although somewhat subtle. If sent into a grading service now, I would expect a VF details grade.

5. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

Here is one that just arrived - good thing too since I'm still mad at myself for missing a different one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

geekpryde and x115 like this.
  6. Waxerguy

Waxerguy Member

7. half n a half

half n a half New Member

Flat as a board, but I got it for 50 cents in a teller's tray at the bank about a year ago. Can't beat finding a nearly hundred year old coin in circulation.
    barber! 007.jpg barber! 008.jpg

x115 likes this.
  8. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Details are a most today when I send things in.:devil: unless its a Modern coin MS or PR coin:yes:

9. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

I wanted to share my latest pickup, and it's been a while since I made a presence here on the Barber talk. It's a 1901 Half, I'm particularly drawn to the nice circ-cam color. What do you guys think?
    1901BarberHalfObverse.jpg
    1901BarberHalfReverse.jpg

x115 likes this.
  10. I really like it, kookoo. It has what it looks to be nice color and a solid VF.

11. kelleef

kelleef Member

12. Briguy

Briguy Collector 4 Life

I love Liberty Nickels... :)
    174.JPG 175.JPG

x115 likes this.
  13. We love Lib nickels as well! Thanks for sharing!

14. Kip

Kip Member

15. mstng02gt

mstng02gt Junior Member

16. mstng02gt

mstng02gt Junior Member

17. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Well I finally have something to post in this thread. A nice example of a low grade Barber Half which was ~$55.00. CAC to boot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(This is the lowest numeric grade I have ever bought)

18. That is a beauty!!! I love it!!!

19. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

Haven't posted in a while - here are a few newps for me.

1915-S
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

x115 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted