Post random Error coins

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by austyn, Apr 15, 2014.

1. austyn

austyn Member

Can you not post this on here that is not very funny plus I'm only 13 and i do not need to see that.

coingeek12 and rascal like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I apologize if I've offended you. For the record, the photo is actually a bronze sculpture on the exterior of the Riviera fronting on Las Vegas Blvd.

Chris

4. austyn

austyn Member

I know but still just don't post that please

coingeek12 likes this.
  5. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

You have a really nice coin Chris. I don't visit the error forum as much as I used to visit. I do remember seeing your coin in one of your previous posts & I was quite envious then (and now).

Here is a photo I took tonight. It is the only 50 cent piece I have at home which is missing a clad layer. The color is a little "off" in the photo. This is probably due to using both Tungsten & florescent lamps when I took the photo. The color in-hand is more like the color in your photo. If properly marketed, how much do you think my coin might realize at auction?

1989 missing clad layer half dollar obv.JPG
    1989 missing clad layer half dollar rev.JPG

dwhiz likes this.
  6. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I followed the Ebay link for the SBA missing clad layer. The owner is asking ~$2,900. I suspect he will not get any bites at that price. (If he does sell it, then I've got some coins I'd like him to sell for me:D).

spirityoda likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

That's nice! It's only the third Kennedy I've seen missing a clad layer since I started searching for others like mine.

Judging from the reverse, I'd say that it is probably MS, so it would certainly be worth the cost of grading and certification. That's what I would do if it were mine. The condition looks pretty good....maybe even better than mine.

By the way, what do you think of the copper color on the obverse compared to mine on the reverse?

Chris

8. cpm9ball

Why? Ask him for the name of the idiot who bought his coin.

Chris

9. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Here is a 1979 Half from my collection.
    1979 Half Dollar Missing Clad Layer Obv.JPG

Also, I have a 1976 bicentennial half that goes with the dollar, quarter, & dime. Unfortunately, those missing clad layer coins are in a SDB so no photos tonight.

The color in my photos tonight are a little off because the camera cannot correct for the mixture of overhead lights used to take the photos. The 1989 is bright red & the 1979 is RB. The grading companies do not designate the color on missing clad layers like they do for copper coins.:) Your reverse color & my 1989 obverse color are probably similar bright red color.

Attached Files:

dwhiz and spirityoda like this.
  10. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

11. Odieo331

Odieo331 Member

Whoops; meant to post to different thread :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  12. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Just something I found in change one day 2006D ND Cud AU55 1.JPG

spirityoda and Collect89 like this.
  13. Old Error Guy

Old Error Guy Well-Known Member

No biggie, just a cheap MAD I picked up on eBay ($2.25 Delivered). I think the ones you can actually see without a magnifying glass are much scarcer than many realize.
    69MAD-Obv.JPG

14. austyn

austyn Member

Thanks for all of the posts guys

Draft saved Draft deleted