Post a picture of your favorite coin(s) that you own.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by pumpkinpie, Jun 15, 2012.

1. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Thanks guys! In hand the coin definitely has the overall eye appeal of an MS66+ or MS67 Barber Half. The luster is just out of this world and the color is pretty neat. It also has a really nice strike for a 1909-O, but there is just a little bit of weakness on the shield on the reverse. I think that, plus a few stray marks here and there is what made it an MS65. The coin was part of the Friend collection and I know when it was sold Heritage tried it for regrade before it went to auction. The dealer who won the coin also tried it for a regrade and in all cases it stayed MS65. I'm convinced if this coin were sent in a few more times, maybe with the right setup coins along with it, it would eventually. That said, I'm glad it stayed MS65... otherwise it probably would had been priced too high for me to get it!!!! :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tdogchristy90

tdogchristy90 Dieu et les Dames

IMG_1666.jpg

my first ever mercury dime and coin for that matter. Mercs are my fav. this one is my favorite cause of it's sentimental value. AU condition, pardon the darkness, idk what's up.

4. Randy_K

Randy_K Love them coins...

I am fond of SLQs and happy I found this 1917 Type 1 in MS67FH (PCGS graded)
    1917 Type 1 25¢ SLQ MS67.jpg

5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

IMGP1573.jpg IMGP1583.jpg IMGP1581.jpg IMGP1591.jpg
    But not the 1873-CC No Arrows
    [​IMG]

6. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Interesting thread. I would have hard time picking a favorite of mine up though...

Q

7. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Oh my! I've never been so in love with a Bust Half. I'm, I, I don't even...
    WOW!

8. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Thanks Tmoney! I looked for almost 2 years for the right piece for my type set. I was looking in the XF-lowMS range, and I knew I had to have this one immediately when I saw it. It came from Ankur's inventory...and it won't be leaving my collection anytime soon. :)

9. CopperJacket

CopperJacket New Member

Dang, that is amazing. I've been drooling over that '02 for like 5 min strait now. Stunning coin's Log! Thanks for sharing! :)

C.J.

10. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

That explains it... ;)

11. Two of the many favorite of mine IMG_20130723_011625-2.jpg IMG_20130723_014221-2.jpg

12. spazmodic

spazmodic Member

Well, I own it, but the post office is still a day or two away from delivering it :)

3211673169804040_1.jpg

13. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

2006PAU55DGSNorthDakodaCud_zps041f1122.jpg 2000NHAUStruckThru_zpsec3b7231.jpg

Found them both in change a few years ago

Draft saved Draft deleted