Photo Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Blaubart, Apr 17, 2012.

1. mammoth29

mammoth29 Well-Known Member

I think you have taken this thread hostage.... What are your demands?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Alright, I'm sorry. I'll stop. I just couldn't resist.

4. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

wall cloud 4-27.jpg 10:30am 4/24/2011 Tornado ahead

6. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

OK, I'll play. Photography is actually my #1 hobby. Coins come in at #2 :)

This was taken in northern New Jersey. I call it Enchanted Pool. This is the lower pool of a small stream coming off the ridge. For any trout fisherman out there, they don't stock this stream, but there are wild NJ trout in the pool.

The light was perfect that day. A bright overcast sky. The muted light was filtering through the trees which gave a great look with no harsh shadows. To enhance the feeling, I set up my tripod and did a 1/2 second exposure to blur the waterfalls and to give a mystical feel to the pool itself.

Hope you enjoy it

enchanted pool.jpg

Mike

7. wd40

wd40 Member

a fly with dead pixels

IMG_0265_s.jpg

8. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

Great pictures everyone!!! I love photography, but am not good at it. So I will just give you all a laugh(following Mike's pic).

Story: My better half actually took the pic. We took the kids up to Sliding Rock for a day trip with some friends. My little one was all big and bad until we got to the top of the line and then she cowered, lol. So I had to take her down the first time in my lap and make sure that she wouldn't drown in the pool at the bottom.:)

Attached Files:

• Boo.jpg
      Boo.jpg
      File size:
      261.5 KB
      Views:
  9. fatima

fatima Junior Member

He does this in every topic. It drives people away from Cointalk.

10. jterry85

jterry85 New Member

Here's one I took during my trip to Paris. Not my best but the best I could upload now.

[​IMG]

11. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

And they're all bad

12. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Wow ! Great pictures Kasia.

I tried taking a picture of a bear in Yosemite Nat'l Park, but the bear started chasing my wife and I had to put my camera down to get her in the car. Both she and the bear got away, but alas, no pictures.

Dave

13. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Here's a picture I liked. This cat was outside a church in Russia. I think it's nice the way the composition is with the plants and the cat. Just sharing.

kaliningradCatResized1.jpg

14. LFCfan

LFCfan Member

DSC_0153.jpg

Baby Humpback Whale, getting a gentle reminder from mom not to get to close.
    Near Maalaea Bay, Maui, HI
    Feb 2009

15. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

J'adore Paris! C'est une belle ville!

16. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

This is going to sound retarded. I love water. I just love looking at it. Once a a horse show, I dammed a creek that was near the arena instead of watching. I can get away with that cause I'm young enough.:) Actually, on the land of the cabin we have, there are some beautiful creeks, and a few went together and were dammed into a beautiful pond. I was happy to find a large creek that I had paid little attention to before the last time I went, only to find that it is the neighbors land and my dad has been trying to convince him to sell it for years. There was clearly just reason to want to keep it...

17. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

I am glad the photo struck a chord with you. As an artist, that is what we are trying to achieve and we take it as the ultimate compliment.

Cheers :)

Mike

18. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

Oh, and did I forget to mention that I could have sworn that I found gold in that creek. I lost it on the way back to the cabin, as I only had the pan that I had used to find it. I will never know, but won't tell you where I found it either!:devil:

(it was only a speck, so no loss)

19. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

I question if I should even bother now that Mike has clearly won lol.

20. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

Since victory is conceeded to Mike The Great I decided to post a picture of my other pride n joy, the jungle in my house, the music room.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

My pic of a flower:)

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted