PCS Stamps & Coins

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Coinfan, Feb 7, 2009.

1. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

No, I'd leave those kind of things, as in your pics, just as they are. I'm not a paper money guy so I can't offer much help on values for those. The State Quarter stuff isn't going to be worth much, but they make nice sets to give as gifts to kids. And you could probably get a few bucks out of them if you sold them on ebay.

As for how you know which coins have silver - any dime, quarter, half dollar, or dollar minted before 1965 is 90% silver. The half dollars dated '65 through '70 are 40% silver. So at the very least they will sell for melt value, or just under, on ebay. And some folks even like those pre-packaged sets like the Peace dollar you pictured. I imagine you could get $25 each pretty easy for those, maybe a bit more.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Luna

Luna New Member

Thanks. I'm limited in time and there's so much of it, I probably won't be able to deal with it all. In addition to the coins, there's a stamp collection. Plus there a lots of panels that have coins AND stamps displayed! Plus all the big binders to put it all in.

So I think it's either a pawn shop or antique mall; if you know of anyone in the Twin Cities area of Minneapolis I'd love to contact them. Or I suppose I could haul it all back to Seattle and try my luck there, although I really don't want to do that, as our truck space is limited.

Thank you so much!

Nancy

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I don't know of any places, but you may want to include coin shop in with your options. And I'd get a couple quotes before selling. Not sure what that kind of stuff will bring, but good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted