Paradise Mint

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by D2121hop, Apr 2, 2010.

1. D2121hop

D2121hop Junior Member

Good morning all, I made a purchase yesterday from Paradise mint in Fl. I was able to get 3 ms69 coins for 95 dollars with free shipping and no tax plus 10% off until April 31 by using coupon code "moving". Has anyone else used them? I got

2010 ASE first strike ms69 PCGS
    2010 Australian lunar series tiger ms69 PCGS
    2005 Panda ms69 PCGS

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

The price sounds high.

4. waffles

waffles Junior Member

I am on their mailing list for some reason.I think maybe,just maybe I won an ebay auction from them.

5. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I've bought a few things from them (NGC PF70 silver state quarters) and have had no problems. The ease of transaction is very nice and their merchandise is "as advertised".

It can be argued that collecting high grade, modern slabbed coins is a waste of time and money, but I don't see how that's the Seller's fault.

6. D2121hop

D2121hop Junior Member

Thanks, for the comment, I like modern coins and realize what you say but I also collect Morgans, Peaces, Walkers, and pre 64 quarters. I have changed my mind from ms70 coins to ms 69 coins and am currently working on modern commemoratives. I know its not everyones cup of tea but I would appreciate knowing where I could get modern comms ms 69 from pcgs or ngc at the best price.

7. Cloudsweeper99

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Prices are little higher then normal!!

9. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I don't set out to buy modern commemoratives, but when I'm bored I often find good deals (NGC/PCGS MS69/PF69) on eBay during "off-times"...like 2 AM, 10 AM, or 4 PM.

10. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

I collect modern commemoratives. And personally, I'd skip the slabbed ones if I were you. What is better is to find ones that come in the original packaging with the certificate of authenticity that comes with them. If you get one that is slabbed, where is the velvet box that usually comes with them? And how about the certificate? Do you get those too? If not, then I think that is a shame, as the value of these are tied to those two items as well.

11. Cloudsweeper99

While some collectors value the packaging, others are pure coin collectors. One thing I've noticed is that many of the coins still in the packaging are slightly lower grades. Most of the really nice examples seem to end up in slabs. So you have to decide whether you are a coin collector or package collector.

12. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

And how many modern day Commemoratives do you own?

13. Cloudsweeper99

I collect modern gold commems. About 75% are slabbed.

14. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

One other comment about Paradise Mint. I purchased from them for about a year and a half. They were not happy about one of my feedback comments about a non-delivered item. They were forced to refund me because I used PayPal. They sent several very nasty e-mails to me afterwards. I forwarded them on to PayPal and they turned around and banned me from their site. Not a very friendly group when you have a problem.

15. Cloudsweeper99

That's good information.

16. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

17. fatima

fatima Junior Member

I second Modern Coin Mart. They are always fast,their prices are good, and their terms are excellent compared to some of the other online sources.

Sometimes you can find some pretty good bargains on there.

18. txag9

txag9 New Member

Beware Paradise Mint Inc.

Buyer beware, this seller does not complete orders and when they do they do not ship the coin that that was advertised. This seller will ship you a cheaper coin than you paid for and then hassle you when you try to get the coin you paid for. Avoid this seller, or roll the dice to see what they will ship you.

They are very rude and when you try to resolve a problem they will actually block access to their website and will not respond to your emails or phone calls. If you dare to take the risk of buying from them make sure you use a credit card that you can reverse the charges on, but this seller has been a true nightmare for me and I would just pay a premium to deal with people that are honest.

19. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

The very few items I've bought from Paradise Mint were fine; as described and fast delivery. Perhaps if I had a problem to resolve I may have had an unpleasant experience...thank goodness that hasn't been the case.

20. Txag9: Welcome to CT! Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them. I have only ordered from them twice, and both times the products were exactly as described and delivered fast (and free). I have never had to deal with their customer service, however. TC

21. LivinLarge

LivinLarge New Member

I too had a bad experience with Paradise Mint after many successful orders. When I returned a poor quality coin for my first time ever, they responded with a several rude emails going off on tangents on issues that weren't even pertinent. They claim to be able to blacklist buyers to "450 other sellers" and that they put me on the list. All because of a single return and an email from me questioning it??? Yes, not a company decent people should do business with.

Draft saved Draft deleted