Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Sweet! And a star to boot!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I believe a dealer bought the pack of IA00000001* thru IA00000100*, and the lower the serial number, the higher the price.......

[​IMG]

ashyblue likes this.
  4. ikandiggit

Now you guys are just show'n off... LOL! Keep it up! I love seeing these primo notes!

5. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Wow!

I wonder what the dealer paid for that pack, and I wonder what IA00000001* would sell for?

6. coinup

coinup Junior Member

guys - quick, sort of relative question: Where/how do you store graded and/or larger notes that do not fit in small size albums/sleeves? Do you use specific made boxes or binders??

7. SteveInTampa

My parents used a grey, metal, lockable box for their valuable papers since they were first married over 63 years ago, and upgraded to a fireproof version lockbox. They were going to throw the old box away because they had lost the key, and I rescued the old lockbox and contacted a local locksmith, that had the box for 6 weeks fililing away untill he finally made a new key that worked. The box is 10'" long, by 8 1/2" wide, by 5" tall, which is absolutley perfect for graded notes, (small-size notes). I only own about 100 to 120 graded notes, and they all fit into this old lockbox. Coincidentally, I had 3 PCGS notes that were about 3/4" too tall to fit inside the old lockbox, so I contacted Laura Kessler (VP PCGS), and mentioned this to her, and she said to bring the notes to FUN, in Tampa, and she would have them reholdered for $5.00 per note......she kept her promise, and I had them back within an hour.

[​IMG]

8. krispy

krispy krispy

That's great about the PCGS reholdering at FUN Steve.

Too bad they decided to chop that last one off to fit... I guess them's the breaks of having your holders sized down to fit your box. ;) :whistle:

9. ratpack7

ratpack7 New Member

This isn't really a NEW acquisition but I just found it again after like 15 years.
    1935silver.jpg
    I was working at a 7-11 and 2 little girls came in and got some candy the candy came to $.95 they dropped this on the counter and ran out the door they thought it was fake.

10. ratpack7

ratpack7 New Member

now these 2 are new acquisitions
    Image3.jpg

11. SteveInTampa

My latest note arrived today....my first "blank" back note.
    It's really cool how nice the embossing on the back looks when
    side-lit by a LED flashlite. I also love the GEM centering on this
    CH-CU FRN.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Michael K likes this.
  12. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

WOW Steve, WOW!

13. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

that is AWESOME!

14. ikandiggit

15. krispy

krispy krispy

I haven't seen one of those on CT in my time here!

Very nice... very nice indeed Steve! Congrats! :thumb:

16. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Heres a new one i got today! for those who dont make it over to my master series thread
    They can enjoy it here :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  17. SteveInTampa

I can never get too much of the BEAUTIFUL engravings on this note.
    The colors really POP, and the shadowing is almost 3D....NICE note Rusty

18. coinup

coinup Junior Member

my latest - just run of the mill small notes
    (3) 1935 SCs and a 1928 Red Seal:

Attached Files:

Michael K likes this.
  19. Zeplyn

Zeplyn Dry Ink Seldom Smears

I am just impressed as I can be with all of your banknotes. Just wonderful.
    Maybe one day I might be able to add to this thread somewhat.

20. krispy

krispy krispy

You already have! You have posted questions which allow us to share more information, Series data and images from our collections to inspire and perhaps lend to your self-education about bank notes. If we are in any way fortunate, it will be the day that you acquire your next note and post it to keep these threads rolling. I can sense your interest and you have been studying closely. Keep reading and investing your time studying about what you like and eventually it will all meld, pieces you WANT will appear, prices will be attainable and your budget, while I can't say what it is, may learn to stretch, but all the while you will make your own acquisitions and achievements. We'll be here to root you on as they come marching home to take their position in your future collection.

21. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

While these notes are not new, I am unable to post them to my discussion on large-size notes through the Newbie Institute. I have never posted them before, so thought what the hey...

scan0033.jpg scan0035.jpg scan0034.jpg
    [​IMG]

hotwheelsearl, Michael K and wmichael like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted