Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

You should have seen the ones that got away!:D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

I can only imagine! Sooo many notes, so little time and$$$;)...

4. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

^^^ Agreed! :) Nice finds

5. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice, really seen that low of a note # before.

6. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

I keep asking my sister if she will sell me her error $20. It is in Fine to VF condition due to ink stains and so forth, but it is missing the seals and still worth about $200-$250. She keeps shooting me offers down though. Guess I'll have to venture to ebay to find them now...
    Nice pick ups ikan

7. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

damn. shot down by your sister! That's harsh ;) lol. Don't feel bad even if my sister had it and I told her what it was she would prolly spend it before I could get it.

8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

These "Lucky Money" notes arrived today.
    The Year of the Rabbit has nice centering, great embossing, and a down ladder serial number.....
    [​IMG]

This is the Lucky Lion note, with great centering & embossing, but a pedestrian serial number.....
    [​IMG]

capthank likes this.
  9. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Nice ones, Steve!

Nice serial number on the $1!

10. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

I received this North Korean 1959 100 Won note (P17) yesterday. It's huge (225 x 95 mm)!

[​IMG]

11. Dr Kegg

Yeah, I told her once what it was worth and now she will hold onto it forever. I took a picture of it to post here, so maybe I'll throw that one up sometime in the near future.

12. SteveInTampa

I recieved this note yesterday in the mail after returning from the FUN Show in Tampa. This is one of 4 notes on my wish list. I have 3 of the 4 now , with the 1988A Atlanta Web Star note as my last note to aquire.
    I've found this note extremely hard to find in CH-CU condition.

[​IMG]

Current "book" value is $1,500 in CH-CU, and is listed as the 3rd hardest modern $1 Star Note by Robert Azpiazu's latest guide.

capthank likes this.
  13. Dr Kegg

Wow, what a find. I hope you didn't have to spend retail value on the note, but it is still very nice!

14. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Ive been dragging my feet on finishing my currency Alexander Hamilton type set. I just purchased this today with my ebay bucks. Its the sellers photo.

I only need the $10 gold certificate & the African note. I doubt I will ever be able to afford the 1800's dated notes featuring him.

Almost purchased a mull version but didnt want to fork over the extra $.

[​IMG]

15. SteveInTampa

Nice looking SC blue seal Mat...and it's centered well.
    These twins just came in yesterday from one of Heritages "Tuesday Night" auctions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

capthank likes this.
  16. hahag

hahag Junior Member

Hi
    I just got my first Large Size National. The Merchants NB of Crookston, Charter 3262, Minnesota.

United States 10D Crookston (1).jpg United States 10D Crookston (2).jpg

capthank and Michael K like this.
  17. connor1

connor1 Collector

Very Nice start on a Large Size Collection ! Congrats...!

18. connor1

connor1 Collector

Costa Rica 1 Colon PCGS 64 .printed and engraved by the ABNCo in 1917.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I collect mostly US notes but the engraving by the Amer. Bank Note Co. sold me on this note.Maybe it's time to look into other areas besides US.

19. krispy

krispy krispy

Very nice looking note mat. Looks like a well centered note with a slight slight misaligned third print on the face, the last letter of the upper right SN just overlaps the C in America.

I have also felt that such older notes may be unreachable but with some work and saving of funds, you can accomplish much. Keep working on the current type set, then see what you can do to get an example of one large note from the 1880s. Once you have the small size notes complete you will be looking for something else to add to your collection, no doubt. Once you get a large note you never know, you might be seduced to aim for others.

Good luck collecting and I hope you will post a thread with your entire type set when completed.

20. krispy

krispy krispy

Such boldness and elegance at the same time. ABNCo work is stunning!

21. lettow

lettow Senior Member

I hope you did not pay too much for this. A large hoard of these notes came out about 5 years ago. They can be found raw on Ebay for as low as $3.50.

capthank likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted