Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

avengerc4, it seems as if you hit the jackpot lately! Glad to hear from you again. Hope the new job is working out!
    I'm seeing some great notes in this thread and I have to agree, let's keep posting the new ones we get around the holidays. My teller has a $50 1963A in XF-CHAU condition I might get after Christmas...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Picked this up at a store the other day.

[​IMG]

capthank and Eaglefawn like this.
  4. krispy

krispy krispy

If the note has damage such as discoloration from having been in contact with acidic paper board, I would advise NOT to store it with other notes as there could always be trace amounts leached to the other notes over time, especially if left for a significant length of time. Best to store notes in individual holders or alone in slots on a multi page holder. Be sure to use archival holders made of mylar (mylar-D), such as Saf Gard holders for currency as the material is inert and will not cause problems the way PVC holders can damage coins and notes.

5. krispy

krispy krispy

And a new 2009 note... very cool!

6. Dr Kegg

I agree krispy. It's best to store it away form other notes, especially in an individual holder.

7. coinup

coinup Junior Member

I'm no fan of eBay, I'd be the first to say it - from time to time I look around partly out of boredom, partly out of curiosity, and I have a few favorite sellers...I got this in the mail yesterday from one of them...

1934 SC - probably a common variety, but a nice addition to my others and at a decent price:

10.00sc2.jpg

8. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

that's a cool note! I will get one of those eventually also. :)

coinup likes this.
  9. Dr Kegg

I really like those silver certs. I only have $1's and $5's, nothing higher than that in those. Nice pickup!

coinup likes this.
  10. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

I've been trying to put together a nice set of "normal" (not errors) U.S. notes for a while but have been sidetracked with work and such. These are the latest:

$1 1957 Star Silver Certificate:

[​IMG]

$1 1957A Star Silver Certificate:

[​IMG]

$1 1957B Silver Certificate:

[​IMG]

$2 1963:

[​IMG]

$5 1963 Star

[​IMG]

11. coinup

coinup Junior Member

love the 5.00 star!

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

13. krispy

krispy krispy

You almost make it sound like it's hard to find non-error notes. LOL! :D

These are very nice examples. Keep us filled in with what you find for your set as it progresses. :thumb:

14. ikandiggit

It is! I have to buy them at auction and it seems if I want it everyone wants it!:mad: Or I miss an auction where a graded 66 or 67 sells for $15 and the next one I bid on goes for $38! I....must....be.....patient....:D

Eaglefawn likes this.
  15. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

My older brother Jim stopped by yesterday from Lakeland, and dropped off a couple of notes he said he had "hanging around". I already have some nice examples of each, but's who's to say no to a couple of classic Large-Size and Small-Size Silver Certificates.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

capthank, Ima Dragon, midas1 and 3 others like this.
  16. ikandiggit

17. krispy

krispy krispy

What A Great Brother You Have!

Eaglefawn likes this.
  18. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

19. connor1

connor1 Collector

Very nice pick ups ,Beautiful FRN's ,fantastic grades also,congrats...bob

20. ikandiggit

capthank, Eaglefawn and Endeavor like this.
  21. krispy

krispy krispy

You have really been raking in the new pick up! WTG. Love that low low SN!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted