Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Okay-okay-okay, get off my back!! ... I'll post one more today, but that's it (enough already!!)

Ummm, this lil' beauty isn't a Newfie note, but it is a sweet ol' prairie settler note ...

=> 1912 Winnipeg, Manitoba ... gorgeous!!

zzz2.JPG

zzz3.JPG

Yah, I hate to sound like a nag, but if you "click-on" the photo it'll blow your mind!!

=> shabammm!! => giant size!!

hotwheelsearl, Eng, heuvy31 and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lettow

lettow Senior Member

It is a 1942 One Peso Emergency Note from Bohol Province in the Philippines. It is a very common note. Value is only a buck or two for the type. I am not usually a serial number guy but I could not pass this one up at the price.

4. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Sequential serial number complete stacks (crisp with original binder) of Chilean 10 Pesos (1 Condor) 1945 and 1947/48 (without printed date). Cool items, I think?

DSC07504.JPG DSC07511.JPG DSC07515.JPG

Eng, heuvy31, NOS and 1 other person like this.
  5. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

6. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

My brother pulled this one out of his teller's tray. A series 1934A Light green seal $100. That thing must have had a life. Though I am unable to keep it because $1oo is a bit much to be keeping. I may just sell it for a small profit.
    [​IMG]

heuvy31, NOS, Derick and 2 others like this.
  7. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Try to sell it outside of eBay. You'll lose any potential profit to fees and shipping costs. I have similar notes I can't sell for this very reason, because I would end up with less than $100. If you do use eBay you'll need to sell it for at least $115 to break even.

It is also a blue-green seal. The light green seal (also known as lime green) ended with the 1934 series.

Nice find nonetheless.

heuvy31 likes this.
  8. ephyfe

ephyfe Member

That's a big classy looking note and I like the blue in it. Maybe the angle makes it look bigger than it is or maybe it's really big. "1920 $1 Newfie Note (407,000 printed)" Seems like a really low low production. I have no idea what it's worth but I hope someday that people get more into the the foreign stuff so the prices go up. In 2012 there were 729 million $5 bills and 2 billion $1 notes. Your note has a similar mintage as the 1909 S VDB mintage 484,000 but banknotes get destroyed much faster making it much rarer.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  9. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

ephyfe => yes, several of the notes I've shown recently are big notes, sometimes referred to as "Horse Blankets" ... oh, and all of the notes I've shown recently have very low production numbers and are relatively rare and fairly valuable (I'm betting that 1920 $1 Newfie might fetch $1000-3000?) ... which would be nice, but not nearly as nice as a US note with a similar production number, basically due to the lack of "collector demand" (I hope that you're correct and more people become interested, so the value of my sweet notes will increase if and when it ever comes time to sell 'em)

10. MitchBailey

MitchBailey Active Member

Love the blue and the beard. Soon to be graded. image.jpeg image(1).jpeg

Eng, heuvy31, USS656 and 3 others like this.
  11. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Very nice deep colour Mitch. Some recent ones bought two weeks ago.

Picture1.jpg

stevex6 likes this.
  12. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Derick;

Which of the three are the older note/notes, the one printed by the American Bank Note Company or Thomas De La Rue?

13. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Hi, I am not the best at this, but it seems from Cat. series numbers that both were printed between 1953 and 1959.

14. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

15. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I got a Series 1963 $5 United States Note at work yesterday. It's not in bad shape for its age. Red bills are cool and funny.

[​IMG]

heuvy31 likes this.
  16. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

I knew 1 of these was coming to me but not all three :) Love surprises like this!

[​IMG]

hotwheelsearl and heuvy31 like this.
  17. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

Somebody paid for their merchandise with this Series 1957 B $1 silver certificate. It's a well-worn warrior that is going to finally get to rest. The price was right as well.

[​IMG]

heuvy31, Effigy303 and stevex6 like this.
  18. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

This picture depresses me. The bill on the top is classy, gorgeous, symmetrical, artistic, and timeless. The middle bill is just plain ugly. And the blue bill looks like play money. I can't take it seriously. I just wish they would go back to the early '90s styles. I'm not bashing your bills because they are star notes and they are cool for that reason but I don't like the designs.

jlogan likes this.
  19. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

20. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

unfortunately, the government thinks that counterfeiters cant replicate the ugly designs :(

21. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

It's not so much the ugliness, but the technical intricacies like the 3D strip that are hard to reproduce.

Draft saved Draft deleted