Opinions please. Toned Proof Franklin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bsowa1029, Sep 1, 2013.

1. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

So, I bought this proof Franklin several months ago because I liked the toning on it and won it at a pretty decent price. At the time I didn't give much thought to whether the toning was NT or AT or even MA, whatever you want to call it. A week or so ago I pulled it out of my binder and was just admiring it and I got to thinking whether it had toned on it's own or whether it had been doctored. The more I thought about it the more I started to lean towards NT. The reason I think that is because I believe both sides of the coin would look almost the same if someone were going to AT it. Also it doesn't have that obvious AT color pattern of purple, gold, and blue that a certain forum member's coins always have. Another reason is the toning doesn't have that blatantly obvious AT look that some of the very vibrant coins have on eBay, mainly the Morgan's. When I get a chance I plan on taking it to a couple dealers to get thier opinions on it. So in the meantime, I'd love to hear what you all think about it :)

1960 50C Proof Obv 1.jpg 1960 50C Proof Obv 2.jpg 1960 50C Proof Rev.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

You almost have a lightning bolt coming out oh his head, too bad there is no kite :)

Aslpride and Mainebill like this.
  4. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Lmao!! Good point

5. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

That one looks legit to me not spectacular like many at coins but subtle and beautiful just wish it was on a Morgan lol

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

NT. Nice coin.

7. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

I'm voting natural, but with a caveat. The toning looks similar to the "got wet" toning you sometimes get when coins... get wet.

Draft saved Draft deleted