offset printed face on a 2006 $1

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by zach67005, Jan 1, 2012.

1. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

not CU but not a dog, I'd say XF if it were a coin. any thoughts as to value? I'm trying to learn about paper money, so any resources on sereal numbers, branches, errors, raritys would be helpful.
    2006  C09716130D offset face bill.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

Wait, HUH?? I'm lost.

4. Kid_Collector

Kid_Collector Member

i dont get it either??

5. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

You see the full border on the rev of the note? see the lack of on the face? the plates were offset on the face but lined up normal on the rev. I know it's an error, just not sure of rarity.

6. Kid_Collector

Kid_Collector Member

can you provide a better photo? i think i see what you are talking about.

7. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Really hard to tell what you're demonstrating here. Perhaps a full scan of the face would help out. It looks to me like the note was cut close to the top, making the top margin thin - that wouldn't increase the value though.

Dave

8. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

9. Kid_Collector

Kid_Collector Member

yes, they are somewhat common. im not sure if this would even bring a premium though because its not much, but im also not an expert but that is my opinion

10. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Not worth more than a dollar. Most times, ones like these even on old notes will bring down the value since its very distracting and not enough to be worth anything.

11. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

Someone cut an uncut sheet of bills.

12. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

No becuase the serial numbers would be higher and also, then it would be small margins on both sides, not just one.

13. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Good to know, as it's just a buck I'll keep it just the same.
    What about these, keepers? 100_6143.jpg
    I think the 09 being from the first block(I think that's what I just read on how to decipher them anyways) coupled with the low seriel makes it a pretty cool piece, & the small face lowish serial star were both pulled from circulation. Unlike coins, I doubt I'd ever pay (over face) for a note other than obsoletes & silver certs.

14. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Sheets are higher than 96000000 in sereal range IIRC.

15. Kid_Collector

Kid_Collector Member

yes, those are deffinitly keepers, got a star note and a nice low serial number.

16. GJ1103

GJ1103 coin addicted Navy man

The serial isn't low enough to demand much of a premium, but the star note should.

17. Kid_Collector

Kid_Collector Member

really? it isnt low enough? i thought that it would be. but i dont know too much about paper money yet.

18. GJ1103

If it was CU, someone would likely pay a premium for it. It being circulated, it would need to be three digits or lower to get much over face. This is just my opinion though.

19. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

not interested in selling either, but kinda curious about your thoughts on the 2009. Unless I misunderstood the paper money site, that is from the very first block printed at that particular branch. But, as previously stated...I'm just starting to learn paper money. Do you know or have any reference to branch info?

20. GJ1103

21. GJ1103

You can also look at ebay and see what stuff is going for. There are several books you should consider purchasing, if you are thinking about starting a currency collection.

Draft saved Draft deleted