Norfed-Liberty Dollars

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by tmoneyeagles, Jul 9, 2010.

1. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Just another...
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LEG END

LEG END Junior Member

Some of these coins are going to have historical value, but the nut case who conceived them is a jail bird. It seems that I recall- Nothause-and that is his name- went to jail for advocating these to be used as money INSTEAD of money. Cannot usurp federal power and get a pass, it appears. He had some very lovely engravings, and early issues are hard to find. I wanted to collect them, but decided that I did not want to give an open invitation to sneak and peek agents to steal property and call it "civil forfeiture", which is govspeak for Pwned your stuff while you were out.. When the feds raided this guys office, they also seized his CUSTOMERS' records too, I add for humor. Of course, they are the ones lauging when they come in your home while you are away and steal your coins. Ahhhhhh, just who actually supports the Patriot Act? The government, and hard core collectors who also wear law enforcement uniforms too.

4. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

5. tmoneyeagles

Wow, I'm actually glad to see real money that is being circulated.
    Of course, the government will come in and put a halt to it soon.

6. PeacePeople

He told me they just put "Bernard" back in jail, and confiscated more stuff, and the norfed website is shut down by "court order". Thanks for the heads up on Gillie's, he's a good guy.

7. tmoneyeagles

Ridiculous. I don't check the site everyday, but I went ahead and checked it out just now and it was shocking to see SITE REMOVED DUE TO COURT ORDER.

8. PeacePeople

They're going to try to shut them down by killing them with legal fees.

9. PeacePeople

Update...I found the tea party copper cheap enough so I bought a roll of them...also bought a couple silver coins just to have...various years...for the fun of it...

10. tmoneyeagles

Very nice :thumb:
    I over-payed for one copper, close to $10 I think, got them for less from my buddy of course.

11. PeacePeople

I got the tea party coppers today and didn't realize how cool they are until you get them in hand. They cartwheel like a 16 year old cheerleader, even the crappy ones. I'm keeping the worst one in my pocket to see how long it takes to turn it RB and then just B. I'll keep you updated.

12. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

Last week, I went to my local coin dealer to see if I could find any 1-oz silver Norfed Liberty Dollars. So far, no luck in finding one on my trip to the local coin shop last week but I will keep trying. I will try again and in addition, there is a local area coin show that is coming up in about a month from now and I hope to have some luck there at that show.

13. 1970 Silver Art

I went to a small coin show today and I was able to find a NORFED Liberty Dollar 1-oz silver round. Here is what it looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A 1-oz silver 2003 NORFED Liberty Dollar. I paid $19 for it today. There is toning on both sides of this silver round.

14. tmoneyeagles

I say you did just fine! :thumb:
    That is a very nice coin.

15. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I have the Tea Party dollar, not that I subscribe to all of their phylosophy. I thought one of the problems with them was they say Dollar on them. I wouldn't pay much of a premium for them, since they were made by a private company, so could be "reissued" at their whim.

Attached Files:

16. PeacePeople

You're wrong about the reproduction thing if the company that contracted the work covered their bases.

17. tmoneyeagles

Well, I thought I'd bring this thread up.

I bought two of the 2010 "Gun" dollars from Bud's Gun Shop to add to my Liberty Dollar Collection.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/869/products_id/411541779

This is the first of the Liberty Dollars to have a $2 denomination.

Since this thread's last post the prices for these things are outrageous due to silver, gold, and copper rising.
    The above 2003 $10 one ounce coin that 1970 Silver Art posted would go for around $35-$40 now.
    Now, fractional Liberty/Norfed Dollars are selling for $15-$20 or even as high as one ounce of silver would sell. I gotta tell ya', this is a seller's market! And economically, it would not be smart to purchase any of these (excluding copper) unless you are a collector. You can pay $40 for a one ounce Liberty Dollar, or you could pay $30-$34 for a silver round, and if you are looking for the metal only, and no collectibility whatsoever, the round is the way to go.

Even with this being said, I still like the Liberty Dollars, and will continue to buy them if a decent price is presented.

So, has anybody got any more since August?

18. tlasch

tlasch Penny Hoarder & Food Stamp Aficionado

What about the paper notes "Warehouse Certificates" anyone have any they can post a picture of?? HIGH RES??? PLEASE I want to see all the details

19. tmoneyeagles

I can't say that I know what a "Warehouse Certificate," is. Since it was posted in this thread, I'll assume it is another name for the Silver Certificates that Norfed/Liberty Dollar makes.

Here is a good picture, not mine, found on google images.
    http://cdn3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/155/577/751/qJb7Ywl2yezLMu6.jpg

20. 1970 Silver Art

I found and bought this today at a flea market show..........................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a 2000 NORFED Liberty Dollar silver round. I paid $29.00 for it (spot silver closed at $26.70/oz). It is rare that I find any silver at a flea market but I decided to go to it to just see what I could find.

21. tmoneyeagles

What you have there is a 2000 Type III.
    The coin goes for around $45-$50, and I would pay $29 all day long.

Draft saved Draft deleted