Norfed-Liberty Dollars

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by tmoneyeagles, Jul 9, 2010.

1. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

WOW!!!!!! Ok. I will admit it. I think that you got me hooked on trying to find and to collect those silver 1-oz Liberty Dollars. The next time I go to my local dealer, I will check his .999 generic silver bullion round bucket to see if I can find any Liberty Dollars in there. As I mentioned, I am also going to try to find some Liberty Dollars at the next coin show that I am planning on going to in August. I plan to study the Liberty Dollar Encyclopedia to get familiar with some of the various types of the Liberty Dollar.

BTW I like that "Peace" Liberty Dollar. :thumb:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. panda

panda Junior Member

i wouldn't mind having some of these. i am going to look and see if i can find a decently prices one at the coin show tomorrow.

4. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

I wish you luck, and hope you can get one at a considerably good deal.
    For the two 1 Ounce Coins I posted, I'd be willing to pay maybe around $30 for each, depending on who the seller was, and what time period of course.

But, the one ounce don't have to be all you look for... :D

[​IMG]

5. 1970 Silver Art

I will be on the lookout for those smaller silver Liberty Dollars as well. I think that I will have a lot of reading and research to do on the Liberty Dollar. This is very interesting to me.

6. tmoneyeagles

It was for me when I started out collecting these things.
    The paper 'currency' can be interesting too. Still have yet to own any of those.
    My last purchase of these was probably close to 7+ months ago. Been very focused on other U.S. series and my French Sowers.
    I don't know the current position of the market for these like I used to, if I did, I'd be able to help you out big time.

7. 1970 Silver Art

That's ok. I will read up more on them and study the pictures. My main focus for me has been on collecting silver art bars that were minted in the '70's but I will also be on the lookout for any Liberty Dollars that I might see at a coin show next month. If I find any silver Liberty Dollars, then it will more than likely be at the local coin shows. Thanks again for starting this thread and providing the link to the Liberty Dollar Encyclopedia. Thanks for posting pics of some of the different variations of the Liberty Dollar.

8. tmoneyeagles

No problem :)
    I do have a few more to post throughout the upcoming days, and maybe a few members will too. Would be cool to see some other member's, if anybody can get them at a decent price.

My LAST Silver
    [​IMG]

9. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I really appreciate the info, and kind of hate you guys for the info, because now I want them. :headbang: I'm not going to buy them now as I have to keep my focus or forget about eating in Dec and Jan, and I like to eat.

Seriously, good info and I like these coins and I'm not sure if the story behind them is genius or insanity, but time will tell.

10. tmoneyeagles

Bernard was obviously making some serious cash on these babies. Not only did he own the companies, but he designed most of the coins, from my understanding, if not all.

I wish one of my connections would come on over here. He isn't one to join big forums though. :(
    Love the dude to death, so much knowledge, nearly the king of these things!

He did give me a book a while back, that I haven't really been reading. Lots of info on the dollars...
    Might be some helpful info in their about the Norfed/Liberty Dollar in there, that I might not even know.

Think I'm gonna go do some reading...

But before I do that. :D

[​IMG]

11. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

That's just wrong....seriously...

12. tmoneyeagles

This'll make up for it? :D

This was actually my first one.
    [​IMG]

13. Is there any place to buy these besides ebay or craigslist? Thanks, TC

14. OffMetal

OffMetal New Member

I've always liked the design and story behind these dollars, and would pick them up if I see them for a fair price.

This is my favorite, a 5 ounce, $50 denomination:

10-0711004.jpg 10-0711006.jpg

It comes in a neat airtite holder, too!

I've also bought several rolls of 1/10th oz. coins.

Great thread!
    Ben

15. tmoneyeagles

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/869

http://coin-shop.com/teaparty.html

http://coin-shop.com/norfed.html

And even though this is still eBay, this is one of the best in the business selling Norfed/Liberty Dollars.
    http://stores.ebay.com/Dave-Gillies-Silver-Liberty-norfed

As for the above links, that is what I found in a quick search. I know there are other stores out there, but I think some people who own them, for whatever reason, might be afraid to sell them.
    eBay really is your best bet.

That is a beautiful one!
    Thanks for sharing, and Welcome to CoinTalk!

16. OffMetal

OffMetal New Member

Thank you! :) I see you all the time on the CU forums - nice to see you here also! When I saw an entire section for error coins, I really couldn't resist joining! I see that quite a few CU members also here!
    Ben

17. tmoneyeagles

Really? I was banned from the CU Forums, along with a few other members, after sticking up for this forum. I remained very civil, refrained from swearing or personal attacks, and I still got banned, I tried to get reinstated as a member and plead my case but it was no use.

Yes quite a few members on CT are from CU, and vice versa.
    Lots of knowledge to be had here and there.

18. OffMetal

OffMetal New Member

Sorry to hear about that. It seems that a lot of the people who kept the forum interesting (which I guess can be interpreted as good or bad) has been banned around the time the new rules kicked in. I've kept a low profile since, mainly sending PMs to buy stuff.

19. 1970 Silver Art

I am also a member of CU but I do not post on CU that often. I spend more time here on CoinTalk. CoinTalk is my "online home". Sorry for getting off topic of this thread.

Back on topic:

I also like that silver Liberty Dollar "20 Euro" round but I already know that I probably will not find it in the U.S. That would also be awesome if I can find a 1998 Liberty Dollar (orig. design or the one with the 1998 Obverse/99 reverse) for a low price over spot. Just finding any 1-oz silver Liberty Dollar at a coin show or locally for a low .999 generic silver premium would be an accomplishment for me. I will also have to admit that this thread got me interested in buying and collecting silver Liberty Dollars. I will also have to admit that collecting '70's silver art bars will ALWAYS be my first love and my top priority as a collector. While I am starting to become interested in collecting Liberty Dollars, it will become a distant second to collecting '70's silver art bars.

Thanks again for this thread and especially the Liberty Dollar Encyclopedia link. :smile Cointalk is all about sharing information and collecting interests and I will applaud Tmoneyeagles for sharing information and pics on Liberty Dollars. :smile

20. tmoneyeagles

[​IMG]

Liberty Dollars will never be my first collecting priority, but always in the top ten. Hopefully I can buy a few when the time is right.

Once again good luck with finding a few silver 1 ouncers ;)

Here is a 1 ouncer...of copper!
    [​IMG]

21. krispy

krispy krispy

Offmetal: Welcome to CT.. I didn't see an Intro from you yet in that section, so I'll just say it here, Welcome to CT. Are you also into bullion if you've been watching this section CTs forums? It's quite an active but smaller aspect of CT.. It gets more lively when the markets are open so if you stick around you'll find greater activity on weekdays.. I'm not a CU member, but I've participated here for just over a year and I really like the folks on these forums.. I've also made it my numismatic and bullion home.. It's been a really great site despite a few upsets in the past year with a few sociopaths like BNB! As I understand it from others here, if you've been on CU you'll know of the smeared legacy that follows that character around.. Glad he's not here anymore and things have certainly been more pleasant since his removal.. But those are bygone days thankfully and I'm glad there are new members joining up too.. Again, welcome. :smile

Draft saved Draft deleted