ngc cert coin, but no pic on web site???

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 91stang2, Sep 4, 2013.

1. 91stang2

91stang2 Pocket change junkie

How does this work? I am looking to buy a 2013 W MS69 ER, silver eagle. Got the app on my phone, ngc, real cool, I scan the bar code with my phone and wah-lah----no image available????
    Cert# 3786055-037----you try it and tell me how this works. Cert a coin and no pic????? On the web site that is---woops--dinner time--thanks all.....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. easj3699

easj3699 Well-Known Member

It shows no photo on the website, which I can understand. Would you want to take a photo of a million or so silver eagles? Also, granted this is a 2013, a lot of the older slabbed coins do not have photos.

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

NGC now photographs every coin they grade. Sometimes it can take quite a while for the photo to be uploaded to the site. Patience, grasshopper.

5. TypicalCreepahx

TypicalCreepahx Hello There! ( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)

Too many are graded, taking a pic of each wood take too long XD but I think they'd look the same considering their all ms69

easj3699 likes this.
  6. 91stang2

not talking about older coins---business is business---sell you a house-with no pic??? what ever, but thanks for your, er, ah, input. Happy days

7. 91stang2

hahh--still no burned in dragoons on my forearms, still learning--thanks!!!(remember in the tv show where he picks up the hot pot??)) later

8. easj3699

If you had a million identical houses to sell would you take a photo of every one? And like rickmp said, it could just not be up yet. At the same time though don't they grade silver eagles in bulk? Look at a few, determine a grade, then that's the grade they all get?

9. 91stang2

true, true-valid point. As a business man myself if I offer you a 'product' then I will give you the full meal deal is what I am saying--not the engine now and in a few months I'll show you the transmission, when I get around to get the picture to upload-and yes you are right, they, the 2013 w eagles, early release, may get the same grade--
    I love the NGC app, scan the bar code-info, price etc--or just punch in the numbers-
    It just makes me feel better about a purchase when I use the NGC, app and get the info I need to make an informed purchase...Still like them 2013 eagles--thanks for your view--and input=later

10. easj3699

Funny thing is I've never been able to get that app to scan a bar code

11. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Remove and re-install the app.

12. 91stang2

mother***!!! I am in rapid city, sd. Heading to Mo..called a local pawn shop, I want a 1909 VDB cert cent! He has three, we have lunch drive over and the dang app wouldn't scan the bar code--not a salesman, but they NEVER HEARD OF IT!!!! Yep mud on my face for the app-but I walked out with a 1909 VDB MS 63 red, cert# 2143513-001 for a whopping 40 bucks!!! No shipping, coin in hand and a happy coin hunter!! No sales tax either!!! Leaving tomorrow for Kansas City, MO.

easj3699 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted