Newbie from milwaukee

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ThinnPikkins, Jul 28, 2011.

1. ThinnPikkins

ThinnPikkins New Member

Hello all! Just stumbled across the forum and figured I would register. I am a newbie to collecting so I figured thid site would have some good reading/knowledge to brush up on. I came upon the hobby on accident actually, I was at work and changed a 20 dollar bill in at the coin changer, out popped a quarter that I thought was fake (shows how educated on us currency and coins I was!). That was my first coin about a yr ago, 1961 junk silver.Thats all it took, it sparked my interest immediately. My preference for collecting is far from organized as I collect anything that tickles my fancy at the moment. I guess the most of one kind I have would be silver eagles, proof and unc. I want to stay away from newer coins and stick to older morgans, peace franklin halfs and kennedys. Anywho, thats my rant, how to learn a lot and meet some good people on the way!
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball Cannot Re-Member

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Chris
  4. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned Supporter

Is 'Milwaukees Best' beer actually Milwaukees best beer?
  5. lettow

lettow Senior Member

No. Sprecher Amber is Milwaukee's best beer.
  6. gbroke

Thank god. I was worried. Ok, class action lawsuit against Milwaukees Best False advertising.
    Also, welcome to the forum, guy from Milwaukee.
  7. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

Welcome to CT! :)
  8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney New Member

We called Milwaukee's Best "Milwaukee's Beast" in college. Get a dirty thirty (30 pack) of Beast or natty light and we were good for the night.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

The original post reminds me of a story. When I was in high school, I worked at a pizza place. We had two rolls of silver quarters, and we all just thought they looked weird. Didn't know anything about them, but my two co-workers each bought out a roll. I was actually able to buy one roll off one of the guys a few years later.
  9. gbroke

We also called in Milwaukees Beast in college. I kid you not, it was like $35 a keg! University of Dayton.
  10. ThinnPikkins

ThinnPikkins New Member

Actually, im more of a miller guy, pretty sure milwaukees best is far from it. Btw name is carlos I forgot to mention. Thanks for the welcome all!
  11. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Good to have you here Carlos. Hope we hear from you often.

Bruce
  12. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Leave the Milwaukees best alone and have the Old Milwaukee. Carlos welcome from a fellow cheese head. If you didn't know there is one of the largest show of the year coming to Chicago.

http://www.worldsfairofmoney.com/
  13. Lawtoad

Lawtoad New Member

Welcome to CT!
  14. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Welcome Bruce.
    I am more of a coffee and tea drinker, but perfer water the best!.
    I like old hand poured bars, but have only a few silver. Before I die, I hope to get my paws around a few gold loafs - something between 1 and 5 ounces. It is a simple goal, something to pass on to loved ones someday.

I like Morgans, and Peace dollars also. I perfer old dimes over half dollars. However, the Ben Franklins are an attraction to me. I have a couple rolls of Bens - more than JFKs.

Now for Mercury dimes, those are lovely. I have even poured over my attraction for Merc. dimes over to the Roosevelts.

Enjoy,TESS