New Rules for the Advertising Sections

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Peter T Davis, May 18, 2012.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Just an update for a couple of small adjustments in the advertising sections.

First, I've adjusted it so that you can reply to your own threads now. This will enable you to post an update about the item or items that are in the original post, not to add new items. If this works out well, we'll keep it that way. If we get too many complaints, it can be shut back off easily enough.

Second, I've disabled the Open section for now, while we consider what to do with it going forward. Recently, we have received numerous complaints about that section, in fact more complaints come in about that section than posts so obviously it's not serving the community well.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Thank you, Peter. I've always felt that would be helpful.

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

People look, read Peter's post again. He changed the rules so you could add replies and make updates regarding items you had previously entered. Not so you could add more items or post about additional auctions !

Several people have been adding new items to existing posts. I have removed these and will continue to remove them. Repeat offenders will be given infractions.

Please follow the rules ! If you don't understand something then please ask questions. Don't just go ahead and do things.

Draft saved Draft deleted