New Hampshire Coin & Currency Expo

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bsowa1029, May 3, 2012.

1. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

Is anyone going to this?

What do you hope to find there?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bonbonbelly

bonbonbelly Feel MS68 Look AG3

When and where is it? I may take a ride to check it out.

4. bsowa1029

5. coinguy-matthew

coinguy-matthew Ike Crazy

Is it going to be all weekend???

6. valente151

valente151 Mr. AU64, Jr.

I will be there saturday, probably Friday and possibly sunday but probably not. I have been going to this show every year since 2006. I started helping with the YN program and really enjoy that. The show has gotten bigger and bigger over the past few years and theres always a good range of coin, from unc state quarters to a dealer that had a case with a high relief double eagle and $50 pan pacs last year.

7. bsowa1029

I'm going to try to get there Friday if I have enough time when I get out of work.
    Hoping to find some nice Barber halves.

8. coinguy-matthew

coinguy-matthew Ike Crazy

Ill probably be working this weekend but im sure ill find some time to sneak over there.....:cool:

9. Owle

Owle Junior Member

There have been too many shows recently. Plus there are Albany and Parsippany on Sunday. All I can say is it must be a "dog's life" for dealers who are constantly traveling the country. I get tired just thinking about it. Plus they have the expo in mid-September.

10. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Hmm, there aren't too many shows in Maine, I might have to wander south of the border for this...

11. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

I plan on taking my two sons on Saturday, It will be the first coin show for all of us. I am sure it will be a good time.

12. onejinx

onejinx Junior Member

Not sure if I will make it there. It would be Saturday if i do

13. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

The New England Numismatic Assn. will be hosting several speakers on Saturday as well as a club meeting. There will also be 2 YN programs From 10:00 to 12:00 there will be an educational program and from 1:00 to 3:00 there will be a club type meeting where kids acn talk about coins and collecting. Both programs will have lots of freebies for the Kids.

Valente151, I never made the connection! My son was at the YN program that you helped with last year. He was the YN that took 2nd place to your first place in the exhibit. I will be there all day Saturday. I'm the Vice President of NENA and will be at the NENA table off and on all day. It looks like there will be at least 6 of us attending. why don't we all plan on meeting at the NENA table around Noon?

Richard

14. afox

afox sometime collector Supporter

Richard and all,
    I'll try to find you on Saturday. I hope to make it up there. I'll try to come early enough to wander a bit before looking for you at the NENA table about noonish.

-Andy

15. Owle

Owle Junior Member

It is an excellent location for a coin show and the caliber of dealers there has been impressive in my experience. Too bad one of the grading services so infrequently do onsite grading at New England shows. The best deals are usually had in the first few hours. One of the dealers there told me the top buyers are there at show set-up to snap up the best deals.

16. ziggy9

the top two won't be there but ANACS will

17. valente151

valente151 Mr. AU64, Jr.

It was a great day at the show today. It was nice talking to Richard.

18. ziggy9

It was a good time. Congrats on the door prize....

Draft saved Draft deleted