Need help for Mizozuman2!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cpm9ball, Oct 17, 2011.

1. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

As most of you know, Miz held his first contest, and I offered to supply the prize. I kept the prize a secret because I intended to send an identical prize to Miz.

However, we've run into a problem. In my PM's with Miz, I learned that his Mom isn't keen on the idea of giving out their address to a stranger. I can appreciate her concern, and you will have to admit that there are a lot of crazy people in this world today. I've suggested that maybe I could send the prize to the work address of one of his parents, but even that doesn't seem to be a viable alternative. So, I'm asking everyone here if they can offer another solution to this problem so that I can get the prize to Miz.

Please, I don't want anyone to respond in a negative or joking way because I really want to try to find a way to get it to him.

Thanks,

Chris Machuga

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Do you think maybe providing your ph# to Mizo to give to his mom, asking her to call you with a suggestion? Perhaps maybe enlisting Peters' help as the proprietor? Or maybe a local coin shop would act as a go-between? With mom's permission of course?

I'll keep thinking.

4. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Send it to him at his nearest post office for his zip code. His name, care of General Delivery. That way he has 30 days to pick it up at the post office in person.

5. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

As a mom, I can understand his mom's concern, and even giving out info on what town he lives in to someone is considered not a good thing. Because mom's know that any little thing can give away info for someone to possibly prey on their child in today's world.

I would have to consider how this could be approached. You may have to simply give a "voucher" to him, that he can claim when he turns 18 (by providing a mailing address that he can send to). Other solutions?????. Mizozuman may have to realize that as a teen he needs to respect his parents' wishes on this and not press it.

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Perhaps he ( or his parent) could ask his principal if it could be mailed to him or an appropriate teacher at his school as that is a public address. The envelope could be labeled to assure it wasn't sent to someone who wouldn't know what to do with it.

Jim

7. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Not sure if it is viable, but couldn't they get a temporary post office box? Or maybe send to a local western union, UPS or FED-EX?

Sometimes there is not much you can do.

8. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I like either the general delivery option stated by McBlzr, or simply offering to mail the prizes to the winners yourself Chris. Is there a reason that the prizes need to be sent to mizozuman2 at all?

Chris

9. Kasia

There were two prizes to be awarded by Chris....one to Mizoman and one to the winner of the contest.

10. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Could see if the prize could be shipped to a relative, an out of town relative, and they could send it on to Mizo. Again with parents permission. You need contact with mom or dad I think.

11. rev1774

rev1774 Well-Known Member

I think the general delivery situation sounds plausible in light of the situation. But that may still involve giving out more info than the parent wishes..

Will keep thinking.

12. mizozuman2

mizozuman2 that random guy

taken off for being off topic.

13. Kasia

I like the idea of asking a person in a business or otherwise who is willing to be the intermediary, whether it's a faculty member at a school or a librarian or just a businessman who would be willing to accept a package and get it to Mizo for furtherance of his numismatic interests. I think that a teacher at his school is probably not going to fit the bill, not because they wouldn't want to help, but even that might give out too much info on who their son might be. I think best bet is if Mizo asks his parents if they have any business or personal associates that the parents are willing to ask to be the intermediary.
    Tough call.

14. cpm9ball

I've already given him my cellphone # and suggested that his Mom could call.

Chris

15. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

16. cpm9ball

Right! I already announced on the contest thread that Tyler should PM his address to me. I hope he is old enough to be able to receive the package. I hadn't thought about that.

Chris

17. rev1774

rev1774 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a library.. Since they are in the business of learning and furthering ones knowledge, they might be inclined to accept it for him...

18. This sounds like the way to go unless you do not know his real name. Of course, if you know his real name then you could always find the home address. I wonder if you can send it UPS or FedEx and specify pick up at distribution center and not home delivery. Good luck. TC

19. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Yeah, missed that sorry.

I still like the local post office for general delivery idea. I would be nervous about some adult knowing the school my kid goes to. I understand his parent's concern, its a weird world nowadays.

20. mizozuman2

mizozuman2 that random guy

taken off for being off topic.

21. cpm9ball

I don't think it would matter whether it is a PO Box, General Delivery, UPS, FedEx or Mailboxes, Etc. The problem remains that I would still have to have a name as the recipient. We already know the name of the city where Miz resides, and his Mom is probably concerned about that.

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted